I first heard of the rock band Fozzy years ago when I was a music buyer at the Virgin Megastore here in Orlando. I was already a fan of Chris Jericho from his day job as a WWE wrestler, but now he was fronting a hard rock band? Always open-minded, I popped in their debut cd and loved what I heard.
Fast forward more than a decade, and I was invited to check out Fozzy live when they played the House of Blues Orlando on December 11. Of course, I said “Yes!”
Jericho started the evening out in a festive mode, wearing a leather jacket with lights on it for the first song, their new single, “Do You Wanna Start a War.”
The band played the entire set in a high energy mode, making use of the entire expanse of the stage. It proved to be a challenge to take a clear photo of the individual band members who were constantly in motion.
The band played a good cross-section of their singles and album tracks, even throwing in a most awesome heavy rock cover of Abba’s “SOS,” which can be found on the band’s most recent album, Do You Wanna Start a War.
I was also surprised when guitarist Rich Ward brought out a Theremin for a song. It’s not often you see that instrument onstage, especially during a hard rock song.
Towards the end, Jericho talked about how typically bands go offstage to get called back for the encore, but rather than waste time doing that, if we all screamed really loudly, they would just stay onstage and do the encore songs.
We screamed really loudly. Fans got rowdy. Thankfully nobody needed to be put in the Walls of Jericho.
Fozzy played several more songs before calling it a night, including my favorite track, “Sandpaper.” I play the mp3 of it often, but hearing it live for the first time makes me wish I had a live version of it.
It was an excellent show, and part of that was due to the opening acts, Shaman’s Harvest, and Texas Hippie Coalition.
Fozzy was so much fun live. I can’t wait until they return to Orlando! Thanks to the band and Ebony for inviting us. For more info on Fozzy, visit fozzyrock.com.
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns March 5-7, 2021 .. @OrlandoBoatShow #OCCC - March 2, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021