Walt Disney World has announced two new restaurants that will be located in their new Disney Springs project. They will be called Morimoto Asia, and The BOATHOUSE (no, I’m not sure why all caps either).
Morimoto Asia is named for famed Master Chef Masaharu Morimoto, and will be the Iron Chef’s first-ever pan-Asian restaurant. It will feature cuisine from across that continent.
The two-story restaurant will feature waterside seating, terraces, a grand hall, and a cocktail lounge. Food will be cooked in exhibition kitchens, and include Peking duck carving and dim sum.
Morimoto Asia is scheduled to open Summer 2015, in the Disney Springs section known as The Landing (formerly Pleasure Island). From the art renderings, it looks like the restaurant will occupy the space formerly known as Mannequins, across from Raglan road.
The BOATHOUSE will also be located in The Landing, in the area where The Wild Horse Saloon/Motions was located in the Pleasure Island days.
It will be an upscale, waterfront dining experience serving a gourmet menu of steaks, chops, seafood, and a raw bar. Expect this meal to be a bit pricey.
But what’s cool about The BOATHOUSE is a platform has been built, so a portion of the restaurant sits over the water. It will also feature live music, guided tours aboard the Captain’s piloted 40-foot Italian Water Taxi with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries and guided Amphicar rides that launch from land, enter the water, and take guests on a 20-minute tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs.
Above is a recent photo of the construction, so you can get an idea of what it will look like.
The BOATHOUSE is the latest project of Schussler Creative, the creators of Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex and Yak & Yeti at the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s set to open Spring 2015.
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020