Last week I stopped in the Wendy’s on S. OBT, and got a chance to check out the new look for the chain.
The revamp, which is taking place in Wendy’s throughout Orlando, favors neutral colors with deep red accents. The overall atmosphere seems more fast casual than fast food.
Speaking with Bob Hansborough, Director of Operations, who happened to be at this location when we visited, the idea is that Wendy’s will offer a more comfortable atmosphere, while still providing their menu at lower costs than a sit-down casual restaurant.
I can definitely see lingering a bit in the comfy booths. There was even a seating area with cushy chairs next to a flat-screen TV and animated fireplace. Perfect for grabbing a Frosty and chilling out with the complimentary wifi for a bit.
While we were there, we also got to sample the new BBQ Pulled Pork offerings Wendy’s is now offering for a limited time.
The pulled pork itself is sauceless, and is moist but a little salty. The magic is in the three sauces – sweet, spicy, and smoky. Individually the sauces are good, even the smoky which thankfully doesn’t have that fake smoke aftertaste.
But I enjoyed them much more when mixed. I enjoyed the sweet and spicy together with the pulled pork. Our family writer, Carol, liked mixing all three for a more complex flavor.
Wendy’s is currently offering the BBQ Pulled Pork as a sandwich, as a topping on a cheeseburger, and in a pulled pork cheese fries side dish.
For more information, visit Wendys.com.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023