Earlier this week, we were invited to join other area bloggers to witness the grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony of the new Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill at the Rosen Centre.
The event started with a soiree in the newly re-christened Sam and Bubbe’s, named after founder Harris Rosen’s maternal grandparents, Sam and Rose “Bubbe” Rosenhaus. In addition to drinks, this lounge located near the lobby also offers light bites.
We then moved out to the pool area, and after a few introductions, Harris Rosen himself took over and regaled us all with stories of his upbringing, including those of Sam and Bubbe, along with his paternal grandfather Harry Rosenofsky. Harry was another immigrant who settled in NYC’s Lower Eastside, and he is the namesake of the new poolside venue.
After Rosen cut the ceremonial ribbon, we were invited inside Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill to sample some of its menu offerings. There are three menus featuring food with a Carribean flair: a light bites pool menu, a lunch menu, and a dinner menu.
Prevailent on all three were appetizers like Island Coconut Shrimp and Sliders. We tried the Little Havana Pork Sliders, Bubba’s Mango Crab Cake Sliders, which had a good amount of crab in them, and the Turks Island Chicken Sliders, which used fried chicken, not grilled as might be expected. My favorite dish was the Penne Pasta Martinique, a spicy dish made with jalapeno cream sauce and grilled peppers.
We also tried a few of the desserts…ok, we tried them all. For the good of this article. Really. The flan and the Tres Leches Martini were winners, as were the mini-Strawberry Shortcake and tropical flavor macaroons.
The bar portion of the name occupies an entire wall and the bartenders were offering a variety of tropical-inspired drinks, including a Zested Lime Mojito and a Maui Pina Colada.
Prices for food and drinks at both Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill and Sam and Bubbe’s are reasonable, and the ambiance at both venues is nice. Harry’s is decorated in whites and blues, with a lot of glass to see outside. Sam and Bubbe’s has lots of brown tones, and a very calming water wall at one end, with a glass wall looking out to the pool at the other side.
Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill serves from 11am to 11pm. Lunch is until 2:30pm, dinner starts at 5pm, and the poolside light menu runs from 2:30pm to close. Sam & Bubbe’s opens at noon.
For more information on either venue, visit RosenCentre.com.
Photos by M. Snow and Patti Frazer
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020