Earlier this week, we were invited to join other area bloggers to witness the grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony of the new Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill at the Rosen Centre.
The event started with a soiree in the newly re-christened Sam and Bubbe’s, named after founder Harris Rosen’s maternal grandparents, Sam and Rose “Bubbe” Rosenhaus. In addition to drinks, this lounge located near the lobby also offers light bites.
We then moved out to the pool area, and after a few introductions, Harris Rosen himself took over and regaled us all with stories of his upbringing, including those of Sam and Bubbe, along with his paternal grandfather Harry Rosenofsky. Harry was another immigrant who settled in NYC’s Lower Eastside, and he is the namesake of the new poolside venue.
After Rosen cut the ceremonial ribbon, we were invited inside Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill to sample some of its menu offerings. There are three menus featuring food with a Carribean flair: a light bites pool menu, a lunch menu, and a dinner menu.
Prevailent on all three were appetizers like Island Coconut Shrimp and Sliders. We tried the Little Havana Pork Sliders, Bubba’s Mango Crab Cake Sliders, which had a good amount of crab in them, and the Turks Island Chicken Sliders, which used fried chicken, not grilled as might be expected. My favorite dish was the Penne Pasta Martinique, a spicy dish made with jalapeno cream sauce and grilled peppers.
We also tried a few of the desserts…ok, we tried them all. For the good of this article. Really. The flan and the Tres Leches Martini were winners, as were the mini-Strawberry Shortcake and tropical flavor macaroons.
The bar portion of the name occupies an entire wall and the bartenders were offering a variety of tropical-inspired drinks, including a Zested Lime Mojito and a Maui Pina Colada.
Prices for food and drinks at both Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill and Sam and Bubbe’s are reasonable, and the ambiance at both venues is nice. Harry’s is decorated in whites and blues, with a lot of glass to see outside. Sam and Bubbe’s has lots of brown tones, and a very calming water wall at one end, with a glass wall looking out to the pool at the other side.
Harry’s Poolside Bar & Grill serves from 11am to 11pm. Lunch is until 2:30pm, dinner starts at 5pm, and the poolside light menu runs from 2:30pm to close. Sam & Bubbe’s opens at noon.
For more information on either venue, visit RosenCentre.com.
Photos by M. Snow and Patti Frazer
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022