Earlier this week, I was invited to join several other bloggers to learn more about Papa Murphy’s pizza stores. The company is different from others in that their products are take-and-bake, meaning they prepare the pizza instore, but you cook the pizza yourself at home.
So the big question is why would somebody take-and-bake when they can just call up and have a pizza delivered, already cooked.
The answers we found were freshness and customizability.
Papa Murphy’s locations do not have freezers. Nothing is shipped or stored frozen. They make the pizza dough in store from scratch, as we witnessed yesterday morning. They also cut and shred all the toppings in store as well. This means everything that goes on your pizza is fresh, and that is something you can really taste in the final product.
As for customizing your pizza, in addition to popular combinations ranging from gourmet vegetarian to 5-meat, you can also put together your own combination, including such unusual toppings as zucchini and artichoke hearts. They don’t skimp on the toppings, either. A family size pizza has almost a pound of cheese. You can also choose from several base sauces, including traditional pizza sauce, a hearty herbed tomato, and a creamy garlic sauce. They will even put together a half-and-half pizza, if your family or group can’t agree on what to get.
Once you get your creation, you don’t need anything else but an oven. Your pizza is already on an oven-proof cooking tray, so just pop it in and set the oven to the temperature specified on the instruction sheet the pizza is wrapped in, and you have your pizza, your way, when you want it.
But how does it taste, you ask. Really delicious. The crust cooked crisp on the bottom with a little chew (I should note I had the original crust – they also offer pan and stuffed pizzas). The toppings tasted really fresh, and one slice was very filling.
Besides having tasty pizzas, another thing that impressed me about Papa Murphy’s was how involved in the community they are. They have programs that reward good students, and book readers (and more) with treats such as a cookie dough dessert. They give out certificates to local schools for them to reward the kids for participation and encouragement. They also participate in fundraisers for local groups and charities.
Papa Murphy’s currently has three stores in the Orlando area: Apopka, Lake Mary, and Ocoee. They are looking to expand, but for now, only those on the northwest side of town get to enjoy their pizzas. In addition to pizzas, they also have several dessert style pizzas, as well as sodas and other beverages for sale.
For more information, including full menus and coupons, visit PapaMurphys.com.
Thanks to manager Nathan Ball and his employees for inviting us to visit their store and show us what goes into making a Papa Murphy’s pizza.
Have you eaten a Papa Murphy’s pizza? What do you think of it?
*Disclaimer: we were invited to visit Papa Murphy’s Apopka store. As always our reviews are our own.
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020
- ‘Drawn to Life’ by Cirque du Soleil Postpones March Previews at Disney Springs .. @Cirque @WaltDisneyWorld #DrawnToLife - March 18, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s List of Orlando and Central Florida Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations Due to Coronavirus (Continuously Updated) || #LastUpdated March 29 @ 1am || - March 14, 2020
- Out and About: Trying the Limited Time “Bone In, Bold Flavors” Menu at LongHorn Steakhouse .. @LongHornSteaks #BoneInBoldFlavor - March 13, 2020