This week, Universal Orlando released new details about the Hogwarts Express train that will connect the two areas of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter with each other.
The train will shuttle guests between the new Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure, but it will also be a heavily themed experience that Potter fans will love.
The Hogwarts Express experience combines powerful storytelling, live special effects, lifelike animation and state-of-the-art technology to take riders on the journey of a lifetime. Guests will enjoy two completely different experiences depending on whether they’re traveling to Hogsmeade or London (Diagon Alley).
Guests will be transported from the Muggle world to the Wizarding World as they pass through the brick wall at King’s Cross Station in Diagon Alley to arrive at Platform 9 ¾.
Once seated in the cabin, guests will be able to look out their windows as an incredibly authentic and magical adventure unfolds before them.
They’ll see Hagrid come alongside the train on his flying motorbike, Buckbeak the Hippogriff swoop gracefully over the black lake, the Weasley twins on brooms and up to their usual antics, the Knight Bus swerving through London traffic – and other special moments and surprises.
There will even be demontors, though Universal stresses the ride will be suitable for the whole family.
The effects will be 3-D, but no glasses will be needed to enjoy the view. It is estimated that Hogwarts Express should be able to handle thousands of riders an hour.
Universal’s Creative team has been working closely with Warner Bros., Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to create a sensational Hogwarts Express experience that the entire family can enjoy. The Creative team has gone to great lengths to ensure the experience is true to the books and films. Everything about the train is authentic – from the paint and the materials used to build it, all the way down to the whistle.
Park-to-park admission is required to experience the Hogwarts Express journey in either direction.
Diagon Alley and The Hogwarts Express are expected to open Summer 2014, though no exact date has been set, yet. For more information, visit universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
Universal Orlando also released this First Look video for The Hogwarts Express:
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020