In the realm of sci-fi and comic conventions, Orlando’s MegaCon is one of the biggest in the country. We braved all three days to bring back photos and this recap of our adventures.
The event started Friday, March 21, and even though we got there around noon, the parking lot was already nearly full and creating a backlog of traffic trying to get in. I checked in, got my pass, and barely made it to my first panel of the day for the TV show Smallville. I followed that with panels for the original Battlestar Galactica TV show, and for actor John Barrowman.
As a fan of sci-fi TV and movies, I love attending the panels and hearing recollections of things that happened on the show and behind the scenes. Barrowman was particularly sassy in today’s panel, where he fielded questions on his work on shows like Torchwood and Arrow.
Following the panels, I took a quick look through the vendor room, and was excited to meet Ian Leino and his wife at their booth, cosplaying the TV show Archer. I own several of his designed t-shirts – I was even wearing one today. I also got to meet artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith, who is currently working on some very cool Disney-themed designs.
I then hit the main floor to take photos of all the great cosplay costumes. I saw a whole family of Deadpools, along with numerous other superheroes. One thing I really like about conventions like this is seeing people express themselves and their love for their fandoms. Since today was the start of the weekend, there weren’t as many cosplayers as I had expected, but I still got quite a few shots of some good outfits.
Then it was time to head home and get some rest. Saturday looked like it was going to be crazy…and it was.
Did you go on Friday? What panels did you catch? Were you dressed up? If I got a photo of you, let me know in comments.
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019