In the realm of sci-fi and comic conventions, Orlando’s MegaCon is one of the biggest in the country. We braved all three days to bring back photos and this recap of our adventures.
The event started Friday, March 21, and even though we got there around noon, the parking lot was already nearly full and creating a backlog of traffic trying to get in. I checked in, got my pass, and barely made it to my first panel of the day for the TV show Smallville. I followed that with panels for the original Battlestar Galactica TV show, and for actor John Barrowman.
As a fan of sci-fi TV and movies, I love attending the panels and hearing recollections of things that happened on the show and behind the scenes. Barrowman was particularly sassy in today’s panel, where he fielded questions on his work on shows like Torchwood and Arrow.
Following the panels, I took a quick look through the vendor room, and was excited to meet Ian Leino and his wife at their booth, cosplaying the TV show Archer. I own several of his designed t-shirts – I was even wearing one today. I also got to meet artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith, who is currently working on some very cool Disney-themed designs.
I then hit the main floor to take photos of all the great cosplay costumes. I saw a whole family of Deadpools, along with numerous other superheroes. One thing I really like about conventions like this is seeing people express themselves and their love for their fandoms. Since today was the start of the weekend, there weren’t as many cosplayers as I had expected, but I still got quite a few shots of some good outfits.
Then it was time to head home and get some rest. Saturday looked like it was going to be crazy…and it was.
Did you go on Friday? What panels did you catch? Were you dressed up? If I got a photo of you, let me know in comments.
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020