In the realm of sci-fi and comic conventions, Orlando’s MegaCon is one of the biggest in the country. We braved all three days to bring back photos and this recap of our adventures.
The event started Friday, March 21, and even though we got there around noon, the parking lot was already nearly full and creating a backlog of traffic trying to get in. I checked in, got my pass, and barely made it to my first panel of the day for the TV show Smallville. I followed that with panels for the original Battlestar Galactica TV show, and for actor John Barrowman.
As a fan of sci-fi TV and movies, I love attending the panels and hearing recollections of things that happened on the show and behind the scenes. Barrowman was particularly sassy in today’s panel, where he fielded questions on his work on shows like Torchwood and Arrow.
Following the panels, I took a quick look through the vendor room, and was excited to meet Ian Leino and his wife at their booth, cosplaying the TV show Archer. I own several of his designed t-shirts – I was even wearing one today. I also got to meet artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith, who is currently working on some very cool Disney-themed designs.
I then hit the main floor to take photos of all the great cosplay costumes. I saw a whole family of Deadpools, along with numerous other superheroes. One thing I really like about conventions like this is seeing people express themselves and their love for their fandoms. Since today was the start of the weekend, there weren’t as many cosplayers as I had expected, but I still got quite a few shots of some good outfits.
Then it was time to head home and get some rest. Saturday looked like it was going to be crazy…and it was.
Did you go on Friday? What panels did you catch? Were you dressed up? If I got a photo of you, let me know in comments.
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019