The list of shows that will be presented during Orlando’s 2014-2015 Broadway season was announced this week, and it includes a mixture of new and returning productions.
This season marks the first at the new Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, which opens November 2014.
The first show to kick off the season will be returning favorite “The Phantom of the Opera” from December 3-14, 2014. The production has been revamped, and boasts new special effects, choreography and scenic and lighting design.
“Newsies” will play Orlando January 27 – February 1, 2015. This Tony Award-winning musical is based on the popular Disney movie about a scrappy group of newsboys who fight for their rights in 1899 New York City.
Soul music lovers will enjoy “Motown the Musical,” which runs March 10-15, 2015 in Orlando. This production is a love letter to the hits of artists like Diana Ross and Marvin Gray that put the Motown record label on the charts.
“Pippin” was revived on Broadway in 2013, and it will play Orlando April 21-26, 2015. Composed by Stephen Schwartz in the 1970s, this is a tale of a young man searching for meaning in his life.
Cole Porter fans will want tickets to the revival of “Anything Goes,” playing the Dr. Phillips Center May 26-31, 2015. This high seas musical first debuted in 1934, but got freshened up and won several 2011 Tonys.
The final show in the season subscription is “I Love Lucy Live on Stage,” which features actors re-creating two episodes of the 1950s hit sitcom. It runs June 23-28, 2015.
A six-show package to all of the above productions start at $219 per person. Top patron seats are $696 for the six-show package (and include special benefits, like complimentary parking).
Not included in a series subscription, there are two special returning shows that will also play during the season.
The uber-popular “The Book of Mormon” returns to Orlando over the holidays, playing December 26, 2014 – January 4, 2015.
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” will also return to charm Orlando audiences from May 12-17, 2015.
Tickets for these two shows will be sold separately from any ticket packages.
To purchase season subscriptions, or for more information, visit Broadway Across America Orlando.
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019