The list of shows that will be presented during Orlando’s 2014-2015 Broadway season was announced this week, and it includes a mixture of new and returning productions.
This season marks the first at the new Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, which opens November 2014.
The first show to kick off the season will be returning favorite “The Phantom of the Opera” from December 3-14, 2014. The production has been revamped, and boasts new special effects, choreography and scenic and lighting design.
“Newsies” will play Orlando January 27 – February 1, 2015. This Tony Award-winning musical is based on the popular Disney movie about a scrappy group of newsboys who fight for their rights in 1899 New York City.
Soul music lovers will enjoy “Motown the Musical,” which runs March 10-15, 2015 in Orlando. This production is a love letter to the hits of artists like Diana Ross and Marvin Gray that put the Motown record label on the charts.
“Pippin” was revived on Broadway in 2013, and it will play Orlando April 21-26, 2015. Composed by Stephen Schwartz in the 1970s, this is a tale of a young man searching for meaning in his life.
Cole Porter fans will want tickets to the revival of “Anything Goes,” playing the Dr. Phillips Center May 26-31, 2015. This high seas musical first debuted in 1934, but got freshened up and won several 2011 Tonys.
The final show in the season subscription is “I Love Lucy Live on Stage,” which features actors re-creating two episodes of the 1950s hit sitcom. It runs June 23-28, 2015.
A six-show package to all of the above productions start at $219 per person. Top patron seats are $696 for the six-show package (and include special benefits, like complimentary parking).
Not included in a series subscription, there are two special returning shows that will also play during the season.
The uber-popular “The Book of Mormon” returns to Orlando over the holidays, playing December 26, 2014 – January 4, 2015.
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” will also return to charm Orlando audiences from May 12-17, 2015.
Tickets for these two shows will be sold separately from any ticket packages.
To purchase season subscriptions, or for more information, visit Broadway Across America Orlando.
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Live Stream Official Dedication of Rise of the Resistance on Dec. 4 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge #RiseOfTheResistance - December 4, 2019
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2019 in Central Florida .. #GivingTuesday @HeroSparkKids @wmfeorlando @cfl_homeless @thedruproject @gktwvillage @ harborhousefl @hfuw @GLBTOrlando @MicheLeePuppets @mustardseedoffl @petallianceGO @RMHCCF @feedhopenow @vscflorida @ShepherdsHope - December 3, 2019
- Rosen Hotels Invites Central Florida to ‘Sock It To Cancer’ on Dec 6th .. @RosenHotels - December 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Candlelight Processional from #Epcot Dec 3 .. #DisneyParksLive - December 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For December 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - December 1, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Create 60s Retro Holiday Bash for Annual ‘Holidays in Space’ .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysinSpace - November 30, 2019
- Central Florida Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2019 .. #BlackFriday #CyberMonday - November 29, 2019
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend 2019 .. #FusionFestOrlando - November 27, 2019
- White Castle to Open World’s Largest Location In Orlando .. @WhiteCastle - November 26, 2019