The list of shows that will be presented during Orlando’s 2014-2015 Broadway season was announced this week, and it includes a mixture of new and returning productions.
This season marks the first at the new Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, which opens November 2014.
The first show to kick off the season will be returning favorite “The Phantom of the Opera” from December 3-14, 2014. The production has been revamped, and boasts new special effects, choreography and scenic and lighting design.
“Newsies” will play Orlando January 27 – February 1, 2015. This Tony Award-winning musical is based on the popular Disney movie about a scrappy group of newsboys who fight for their rights in 1899 New York City.
Soul music lovers will enjoy “Motown the Musical,” which runs March 10-15, 2015 in Orlando. This production is a love letter to the hits of artists like Diana Ross and Marvin Gray that put the Motown record label on the charts.
“Pippin” was revived on Broadway in 2013, and it will play Orlando April 21-26, 2015. Composed by Stephen Schwartz in the 1970s, this is a tale of a young man searching for meaning in his life.
Cole Porter fans will want tickets to the revival of “Anything Goes,” playing the Dr. Phillips Center May 26-31, 2015. This high seas musical first debuted in 1934, but got freshened up and won several 2011 Tonys.
The final show in the season subscription is “I Love Lucy Live on Stage,” which features actors re-creating two episodes of the 1950s hit sitcom. It runs June 23-28, 2015.
A six-show package to all of the above productions start at $219 per person. Top patron seats are $696 for the six-show package (and include special benefits, like complimentary parking).
Not included in a series subscription, there are two special returning shows that will also play during the season.
The uber-popular “The Book of Mormon” returns to Orlando over the holidays, playing December 26, 2014 – January 4, 2015.
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” will also return to charm Orlando audiences from May 12-17, 2015.
Tickets for these two shows will be sold separately from any ticket packages.
To purchase season subscriptions, or for more information, visit Broadway Across America Orlando.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019