In an online webcast yesterday morning, Universal Orlando revealed more details on the new The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley attraction that will be opening this summer.
Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando’s other theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
The main thrill ride in Diagon Alley will be called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, and it will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults. Universal says this will be a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional ride. Sounds incredible!
As Diagon Alley in the books/movies is a bustling wizarding hub, there will be plenty of themed shops, including:
- Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
- Borgin and Burkes, a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items, located in the eerie Knockturn Alley.
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone,
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes.
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more.
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards.
There will also be new dining options, including:
- The Leaky Cauldron, serving traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, offering frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream.
The spectacularly themed environment will double the size of the area already dedicated to Harry Potter’s adventures at Universal Orlando, expanding it across both Universal theme parks. And – just like in the books and films – guests will be able to travel between the two areas aboard the iconic Hogwarts Express.
Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
Once Diagon Alley opens, the original Harry Potter attraction in Islands of Adventure will be known as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade.
Here is the replay of the webcast featuring several Harry Potter film actors like Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), James Phelps (Fred Weasley), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), There are also sneak peeks of the attraction itself, including the very cool Hogwart Express train interior.
For more information, visit universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
What do you think? Are you excited to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley?
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019