In an online webcast yesterday morning, Universal Orlando revealed more details on the new The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley attraction that will be opening this summer.
Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando’s other theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
The main thrill ride in Diagon Alley will be called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, and it will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults. Universal says this will be a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional ride. Sounds incredible!
As Diagon Alley in the books/movies is a bustling wizarding hub, there will be plenty of themed shops, including:
- Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
- Borgin and Burkes, a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items, located in the eerie Knockturn Alley.
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone,
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes.
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more.
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards.
There will also be new dining options, including:
- The Leaky Cauldron, serving traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, offering frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream.
The spectacularly themed environment will double the size of the area already dedicated to Harry Potter’s adventures at Universal Orlando, expanding it across both Universal theme parks. And – just like in the books and films – guests will be able to travel between the two areas aboard the iconic Hogwarts Express.
Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
Once Diagon Alley opens, the original Harry Potter attraction in Islands of Adventure will be known as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade.
Here is the replay of the webcast featuring several Harry Potter film actors like Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), James Phelps (Fred Weasley), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), There are also sneak peeks of the attraction itself, including the very cool Hogwart Express train interior.
For more information, visit universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
What do you think? Are you excited to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley?
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019