For the ninth year, Otronicon returns to the Orlando Science Center to celebrate the role that interactive technology has in our every day lives. This year, the event runs January 17-20.
New partners Microsoft and Sony join the likes of Walt Disney World Resort, EA SPORTS, Florida Hospital for Children, Lockheed Martin and the University of Central Florida to demonstrate technology’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
Guests will be able to play the Xbox One (Microsoft will give one away daily) and Sony’s PS4 gaming systems, try out the Personal 3D HDTV Viewer (head mounted display) to watch Blu-ray Discs, check out state-of-the-art medical and military simulators, and more. There will also be workshops, panels, and even a Cosplay contest.
Otronicon also hosts some adult-centric activities on Friday and Saturday evenings including a “nerdy burlesque” show by Skill Focus, a cash bar provided by Tuxedo Catering and geek trivia courtesy of The Cloak and Blaster. Live music with the band A Brilliant Lie will entertain audiences on Saturday night only.
Also included in admission to Otronicon are Hollywood movies in in the Digital Adventure Theater: A National Geographic Experience including “Wreck-It Ralph 3D” or “Pacific Rim 3D.” Guests can also get the first look at the newest traveling exhibit, “Zoom Into Nano”: a hands-on, interactive exhibition that focuses on how scientists make things that are too small to see. The rest of the OSC is open to explore, as well.
Admission to Otronicon is $19 for adults and $13 for youth (ages 3-11). Hours are 10am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday (Jan. 17 & 18), and 10am to 6pm on Sunday and Monday. For more information, call 47-514-2000 or visit Otronicon.org.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020