In celebration of the 15th anniversary of the International Space Station (ISS), Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is hosting crew members of the first space shuttle mission to construct the ISS on Tuesday, December 10.
On Dec. 10, 1998, the six-member crew aboard Space Shuttle Endeavour became the first people to enter the newly created International Space Station after transporting the American connecting node, Unity, and connecting it with the Russian module, Zarya.
The anniversary celebration at the Visitor Complex includes photo opportunities for the public with the astronauts at Space Shuttle Atlantis from 10-11am. A panel discussion and Q & A with the astronaut crew takes place at 12:30pm at the Astronaut Encounter Theater. Seating is provided on a first come, first serve basis.
“Space Station 3D,” narrated by Tom Cruise and showcasing the very beginning of the International Space Station, will play during the day in the IMAX® Theater.
At 11:30am limited seating is offered for a special Lunch With An Astronaut for an additional charge, with a special guest appearance by astronauts Jerry Ross and Nancy Currie, in addition to featured astronaut Jack Lousma, pilot of Skylab-3 and commander of STS-3.
Photo opportunities and the panel discussion are included in admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, which is $50 + tax for adults, and $40 + tax for children ages 3 – 11. Lunch With An Astronaut is an additional $29.99 + tax for adults, and $15.99 + tax for children ages 3 – 11.
For more information or to purchase tickets, call 877-313-2610 and visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Walt Disney World Resort to Offer Special 4-Park Magic Tickets in 2019 - January 17, 2019
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019