In celebration of the 15th anniversary of the International Space Station (ISS), Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is hosting crew members of the first space shuttle mission to construct the ISS on Tuesday, December 10.
On Dec. 10, 1998, the six-member crew aboard Space Shuttle Endeavour became the first people to enter the newly created International Space Station after transporting the American connecting node, Unity, and connecting it with the Russian module, Zarya.
The anniversary celebration at the Visitor Complex includes photo opportunities for the public with the astronauts at Space Shuttle Atlantis from 10-11am. A panel discussion and Q & A with the astronaut crew takes place at 12:30pm at the Astronaut Encounter Theater. Seating is provided on a first come, first serve basis.
“Space Station 3D,” narrated by Tom Cruise and showcasing the very beginning of the International Space Station, will play during the day in the IMAX® Theater.
At 11:30am limited seating is offered for a special Lunch With An Astronaut for an additional charge, with a special guest appearance by astronauts Jerry Ross and Nancy Currie, in addition to featured astronaut Jack Lousma, pilot of Skylab-3 and commander of STS-3.
Photo opportunities and the panel discussion are included in admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, which is $50 + tax for adults, and $40 + tax for children ages 3 – 11. Lunch With An Astronaut is an additional $29.99 + tax for adults, and $15.99 + tax for children ages 3 – 11.
For more information or to purchase tickets, call 877-313-2610 and visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018