This weekend is the start of the 2013 Osborne Family Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Thursday night, we were invited to a sneak preview.
This is always one of my favorite holiday events at the theme parks in Orlando, and this year looks especially fun.
The lights are strung up along the Streets of America, in the back area of the park, by Lights, Motor, Action!, and it’s quite a treat for the eyes. On one of the side streets is a canopy of lights that reminded me of Fremont Street in downtown Vegas – in a good way.
Holiday music played while the lights were on, and every few songs, the lights were programmed to dance to the music. We got some video of that, which we will post later this week.
There is also a Nativity scene set up in a back corner of the display that attracted a lot of people.
The only thing I didn’t like about the Osborne Family Lights was the faux snow that dropped from the rooftops of the buildings. It looked cool, but since it was actually soap bubbles, it just stuck to you and if you got it in your mouth accidentally, it tasted horrible.
The lights will be showing nightly through January 5, 2014. If you’d like to see the Osborne Family Lights, they are included in regular park admission.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020