On Monday, October 28, we were invited to be part of the #WWEMoms group for a night out at the Amway Center in Orlando for WWE Raw.
The WWE is currently promoting their partnership with Susan G. Komen in the “Rise Above Cancer” campaign, so we were given one of their official “Rise Above Cancer” t-shirts to help raise awareness during the event.
Mine had wrestler John Cena on it, and if you like it, you can purchase it online or at the shows. Cena helped conceive the partnership, and continues to be an avid spokeman for Komen. There are also several other shirt designs, as well as hats, headbands, and wristbands.
20% of all sales from all specialty “Rise Above Cancer” merchandise sold today through December 31 on WWEShop.com and at WWE live events will go to the Susan G. Komen charity to further breast cancer research.
We were seated up near the very top, with a side view of everything, even if the wrestlers were very small. It would’ve been better if we could see the action on the arena’s jumbotron, but there was a speaker hanging right in the middle of the screen on our side.
We got to see a lot of the big name wrestlers, including Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and WWE Executive Vice President Stephanie McMahon. The three-hour event was broadcast live on the USA Network, for their weekly Monday Night RAW show.
We weren’t the only ones to be wearing pink for cancer, as the WWE Superstars and Divas were all wearing pink. At one point, the stage entrance glowed pink, as well.
Highlights for me were seeing Cena in the first big match of the night (even though it wasn’t supposed to be a match), and the six-man match between The Real Americans and Los Matadores with El Torito.
We were disappointed in the shortness of the match between Kane and The Miz. I think Kane’s intro was longer than the match. And even though I know the pyro was coming, it still made me jump when it went off, and the flames completely blocked out the view of the ring.
The show ended with what was supposed to be some kind of coronation ceremony for Randy Orton, which was attended by the WWE roster. It was interupted by Big Show, and the broadcast ended in a stand off between him and Triple H with Stephanie McMahon.
As the show ended, Triple H took to the mike and launched into a funny bit where he was being all tough by yelling at us to get out of “his” arena. When that didn’t work, he said if we wanted to stay, we were all hired to work for the WWE. Then he summarily fired us and told us to pack up and leave. I want to know if I was hired and fired like that, can I file for unemployment?
This was the first time I have seen the WWE live in about ten years, and it is still fun to experience. A big part of that is the energy from the audience, like the two bloodthirsty young kids behind us that kept yelling at the wrestlers to “kick his butt!”
Thanks to the WWE for inviting us to the event, and to the #WWEMoms for including us in the evening. Major thanks also to Meagan and Michael for allowing us to tag along!
WWE Live returns to the Amway Center in Orlando on February 2, 2014.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018