The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will produce Rossini’s comedic opera, The Barber of Seville, at the Bob Carr P.A.C. on October 25 and 27.
The Barber of Seville tells the story of how town barber and local nuisance, Figaro, helps the young Rosina escape an unwanted marriage to her elderly guardian, Dr. Bartolo. Meanwhile, Figaro helps the Count Almaviva evade Bartolo’s close watch and win Rosina’s heart through a series of disguises and tricks. Figaro’s aria, “Largo al factotum,” is one of the most recognized in all of opera.
The Philharmonic’s production will be fully staged with costumes, sets and projected backdrops. Unlike past Philharmonic productions which have featured the orchestra on stage, The Barber of Seville will see the orchestra perform in the pit, as in grand opera. The opera will be sung in Italian, with English translations projected above the stage.
Performances are at 8pm on Friday, October 25, and at 2pm on Sunday, October 27. Tickets are $20-$82, and are available at 407-770-0071 or OrlandoPhil.org/opera. Select tickets are half price or $10 on the day of the show for students with a valid student ID.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018