In The Barber of Seville, the love-struck Count Almaviva disguises himself not once, but three times. Taking the advice of the local barber Figaro, Almaviva becomes a poor student, drunken soldier, and music tutor—three very different characters, requiring three believable costumes in order to fool Dr. Bartolo. As if that weren’t enough, Rosina needs two costumes, and members of the chorus double as soldiers, officers, policeman, and even a notary.
Even $10 will help, and every donation of $10 or more receives special incentives ranging from a shout-out on the Orlando Phil’s Twitter and Facebook pages, to having your name stitched into a costume piece, inviations to a dress rehersal, and more.
Bank of America has also pledged to contribute 50 cents for every $1 donated by the public.
For more information, or to donate, visit the Orlando Philharmonic’s page at Power2Give.org.
- Win a 4-Pack of Tickets to The Big Bounce America Tour in Kissimmee! .. @TheBigBounceUSA #giveaway - October 17, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offering Two Florida Resident Offers This Fall - October 15, 2019
- The Big Bounce America Tour Comes to Central Florida Oct 19-27, 2019 .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 14, 2019
- Ocean Prime Orlando Launches New Prix Fixe Theater Menu .. @OceanPrimeCMR - October 13, 2019
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2019: Ocean Prime Orlando, Maple Street Biscuit Company, Holler and Dash, Sonny’s BBQ, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2019
- IAAPA Celebrates Grand Opening of New Global Headquarters in Orlando .. @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA - October 9, 2019
- 93.3 FLZ Jingle Ball 2019 Rings in Season with #SamSmith, #Lizzo, and More at Tampa’s Amalie Arena Dec 1 .. #FLZJingleBall - October 8, 2019
- Florida Citrus Sports Ends Orlando Citrus Parade After 39 Years - October 7, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Wayne Brady at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 12! .. @DrPhillipsCtr @WayneBrady - October 4, 2019
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2019 On October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 3, 2019