In The Barber of Seville, the love-struck Count Almaviva disguises himself not once, but three times. Taking the advice of the local barber Figaro, Almaviva becomes a poor student, drunken soldier, and music tutor—three very different characters, requiring three believable costumes in order to fool Dr. Bartolo. As if that weren’t enough, Rosina needs two costumes, and members of the chorus double as soldiers, officers, policeman, and even a notary.
Even $10 will help, and every donation of $10 or more receives special incentives ranging from a shout-out on the Orlando Phil’s Twitter and Facebook pages, to having your name stitched into a costume piece, inviations to a dress rehersal, and more.
Bank of America has also pledged to contribute 50 cents for every $1 donated by the public.
For more information, or to donate, visit the Orlando Philharmonic’s page at Power2Give.org.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019