In The Barber of Seville, the love-struck Count Almaviva disguises himself not once, but three times. Taking the advice of the local barber Figaro, Almaviva becomes a poor student, drunken soldier, and music tutor—three very different characters, requiring three believable costumes in order to fool Dr. Bartolo. As if that weren’t enough, Rosina needs two costumes, and members of the chorus double as soldiers, officers, policeman, and even a notary.
Even $10 will help, and every donation of $10 or more receives special incentives ranging from a shout-out on the Orlando Phil’s Twitter and Facebook pages, to having your name stitched into a costume piece, inviations to a dress rehersal, and more.
Bank of America has also pledged to contribute 50 cents for every $1 donated by the public.
For more information, or to donate, visit the Orlando Philharmonic’s page at Power2Give.org.
- Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party at Amway Center Sept 7-9 + Ticket Giveaway! - August 15, 2018
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Presents Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children With $100,000 Award to Support Pediatric Cancer Research - August 14, 2018
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018