In The Barber of Seville, the love-struck Count Almaviva disguises himself not once, but three times. Taking the advice of the local barber Figaro, Almaviva becomes a poor student, drunken soldier, and music tutor—three very different characters, requiring three believable costumes in order to fool Dr. Bartolo. As if that weren’t enough, Rosina needs two costumes, and members of the chorus double as soldiers, officers, policeman, and even a notary.
Even $10 will help, and every donation of $10 or more receives special incentives ranging from a shout-out on the Orlando Phil’s Twitter and Facebook pages, to having your name stitched into a costume piece, inviations to a dress rehersal, and more.
Bank of America has also pledged to contribute 50 cents for every $1 donated by the public.
For more information, or to donate, visit the Orlando Philharmonic’s page at Power2Give.org.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating National Margarita Day - February 21, 2019
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019