On Saturday, June 29, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex held opening ceremonies for their newest exhibit, Space Shuttle Atlantis. In attendance were NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden and KSC Director Bob Cabana, both previous shuttle astronauts, and over 40 NASA astronauts.
It is now the world’s most comprehensive and interactive attraction devoted to NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program.
Inside, guests to KSC will find the Space Shuttle Atlantis with cargo bay doors open and tilted on a 43.21-degree angle to allow easier viewing inside. Because the payload bay doors were not designed to be opened in Earth’s gravity, a complex process was developed to support and suspend the doors using steel cables.
Space Shuttle Atlantis is included with regular admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
If you’d like to watch the opening ceremonies, KSC was kind enough to share this video with us:
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023