On Saturday, June 29, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex held opening ceremonies for their newest exhibit, Space Shuttle Atlantis. In attendance were NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden and KSC Director Bob Cabana, both previous shuttle astronauts, and over 40 NASA astronauts.
It is now the world’s most comprehensive and interactive attraction devoted to NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program.
Inside, guests to KSC will find the Space Shuttle Atlantis with cargo bay doors open and tilted on a 43.21-degree angle to allow easier viewing inside. Because the payload bay doors were not designed to be opened in Earth’s gravity, a complex process was developed to support and suspend the doors using steel cables.
Space Shuttle Atlantis is included with regular admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
If you’d like to watch the opening ceremonies, KSC was kind enough to share this video with us:
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023