On a recent jaunt to Waterford Lakes, on the east side of Orlando, I had a sweets craving and decided to check out Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly.
I had a coupon for two free mini-cupcakes (given out for signing up for the store’s mailing list), but the selection was so overwhelming, I also bought a 4-pack.
I picked six different flavors:
- Carrot (spiced cake, walnuts, raisins with a cream cheese frosting)
- Tiramisu (espresso-soaked cake, cream cheese frosting with dark chocolate curls)
- Toasted Coconut (yellow cake with cream filling, topped with coconut frosting and toasted coconut)
- S’mores (chocolate cake, graham cracker crust, marshmallow with vanilla frosting)
- Red Velvet (traditional red chocolate cake, with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate curls)
- PBJ (peanut butter cake, grape jelly, peanut butter frosting and topped with a Whopper).
The flavors were great (though the PBJ was a little too peanut butter-y) but they were also very sweet. Thank goodness I was splitting them with my roommate because I couldn’t eat more than half of a mini without feeling like I might go into a sugar coma.
If you like fresh made gourmet cupcakes, definitely give Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly a try. They offer two sizes of cupcakes daily: Minis ($2 each, $6 for a 4-pack, $18 per dozen); and Regular ($3 each, $33 per dozen). Visit on Mondays when all Minis are only $1 each.
They also serve frozen yogurt by the ounce in several flavors and toppings.
Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly is located at Waterford Lakes Town Center (next to Too Jays deli) at 711 N. Alafaya Trail in Orlando. Phone is 407-277-7746. Hours are Sunday through Thursday 10am-10pm, and 10am-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018