As part of the upcoming transformation of Downtown Disney to Disney Springs, Walt Disney World will be building two new multi-level parking structures to handle all the expected guests.
According to Orlando Theme Park News, beginning July 22, 2013, Downtown Disney will close parking lots H-K to begin work on the first of those structures.
To handle the loss of those parking spaces, overflow parking areas will open on most weekends, as well as holidays and special events. These overflow lots include Team Disney and the Disney Casting Center. Shuttles will be available to transport guests from and to Team Disney from 5pm to 3am.
Disney Springs is expected to open in 2016.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022