As part of the upcoming transformation of Downtown Disney to Disney Springs, Walt Disney World will be building two new multi-level parking structures to handle all the expected guests.
According to Orlando Theme Park News, beginning July 22, 2013, Downtown Disney will close parking lots H-K to begin work on the first of those structures.
To handle the loss of those parking spaces, overflow parking areas will open on most weekends, as well as holidays and special events. These overflow lots include Team Disney and the Disney Casting Center. Shuttles will be available to transport guests from and to Team Disney from 5pm to 3am.
Disney Springs is expected to open in 2016.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023