Kennedy Space Center is putting the finishing touches on their new Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction, and they have announced that they will be installing a full-size, high-fidelity version of the Hubble Space Telescope as part of the exhibit.
The replica cuts through two stories of the attraction, and measures 43 feet long and 14 feet in diameter. Its fully deployed solar arrays extend an additional 7 feet on each side.
“Guests can get a feel for the incredible size of the telescope and will be able to view the Hubble replica from very close up, just as they will do with Atlantis,” said Bill Moore, chief operating officer of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
This $100 million attraction, opening June 29, will shine the spotlight on NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program and its accomplishments, most notably the deployment and servicing missions for the Hubble Space Telescope and the launch and assembly of the International Space Station.
For more information, call 877-313-2610 or visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023