After months of speculation, it has been confirmed that specialty grocery chain Trader Joe’s will finally be opening an Orlando location in 2014.
The California-based company will be opening a store at the new Lakeside at Winter Park retail project located on U.S. Highway 17-92, just south of Winter Park Village.
Trader Joe’s has amassed quite a following due to a combination of store-brand goods that have no artificial colors or preservatives, and for purchasing directly from suppliers to keep the costs low. I always make a point to visit one of their stores when I’m in the L.A.-area because they have such cool and tasty stuff at a good price.
The new store will have competition nearby when it opens – there are two Publix within a half mile, as well as a Chamberlain’s health-food store in Winter Park Village and a new Fresh Market that will be opening 2 miles south.
According to the company, the new store will be typical of its other stores, and will serve beer and wine. No specific opening date has been announced yet.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022