After months of speculation, it has been confirmed that specialty grocery chain Trader Joe’s will finally be opening an Orlando location in 2014.
The California-based company will be opening a store at the new Lakeside at Winter Park retail project located on U.S. Highway 17-92, just south of Winter Park Village.
Trader Joe’s has amassed quite a following due to a combination of store-brand goods that have no artificial colors or preservatives, and for purchasing directly from suppliers to keep the costs low. I always make a point to visit one of their stores when I’m in the L.A.-area because they have such cool and tasty stuff at a good price.
The new store will have competition nearby when it opens – there are two Publix within a half mile, as well as a Chamberlain’s health-food store in Winter Park Village and a new Fresh Market that will be opening 2 miles south.
According to the company, the new store will be typical of its other stores, and will serve beer and wine. No specific opening date has been announced yet.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023