I was so excited when I heard Hash House A Go Go had finally opened a location in Orlando. My roommate and I always ate at their Vegas locations, because the food was always so good.
Well, this Memorial Weekend, I went with two friends to check out the Orlando location and try out their lunch offering for Orlando Restaurant Week. We loved it.
The ORW lunch menu offered up your choice of one of their one-pound stuffed burgers, their BBBLT sandwich or the Kokomo Meatloaf sandwich, along with your choice of fries or a salad, and a choice of soda or iced tea for only $10 (plus tax).
I ordered their stuffed burger with hardwood smoked bacon, avocado and cheddar cheese (though I had the avocado on the side since I’m allergic) with fries, as did my friend Patti (who got my avocado slices). This thing was mondo huge. Seriously…they use steak knives instead of toothpicks to anchor the sandwich together.
It was two half-pound burger patties with the toppings actually stuffed between – and they didn’t skimp on the ingredients, as the cheese just oozed all over and I counted 4 slices of bacon. It was served on a bun with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
It was so much food, especially with the side of fries, that neither of us could get through more than half of the burger.
Rhonda ordered the BBBLT with fries. The BBB stood for bacon, bacon, and bacon, served on a wedge of iceburg lettuce and several slices of tomato, in between two large slices of old fashioned milk bread (a white bread that was soft in the center and crunchy on the outside from being griddled first). She was really happy with her sandwich, too, but also ended up taking home half of it.
Patti also tried one of the restaurants specialty drinks (which can be served with or without alcohol, and you can also opt to keep the glass). With alcohol and the glass, it came to $12.95. The glass was cool, though, as it was angled.
I highly suggest you make it over and try Hash House A Go Go for yourself. The Orlando Restaurant Week promotions (they also have a $10 breakfast deal and a $25 dinner deal) run through May 31, 2013. Even without the ORW deals, prices are reasonable – the stuffed burgers are $13.95 (four different combos of “toppings”) with fries or salad, and the BBBLT is $11.95.
Hash House A Go Go is located at 5350 International Drive (halfway between the Kirkman intersection and Festival Bay Mall, across from the Sonic Drive-In). For more info, including a full menu, visit hashhouseagogo.com.
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns March 5-7, 2021 .. @OrlandoBoatShow #OCCC - March 2, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021