It looks like the Orlando Fashion Square Mall is about to undergo a major renovation. One that includes demolishing a portion of the mall to build an attached 125-room Starwood hotel, quite possibly their Element brand.
As such, many stores in that section of the mall will be moved to other locations, some permanent, some temporary. One that won’t however, is Bath & Body Works, which will close May 25, 2013. The chain is “rebranding its concept,” so it made sense to just close and possibly reopen in the mall at a later date.
The hotel is projected to open fourth quarter 2014. Restaurants expected to open in the hotel area include BJ’s Brew House, Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden and Red Robin, according to the mall’s new owner, UP Development, Inc.
In the meantime, several new businesses are opening in the mall. London Smoothie House opened earlier this year. Fashion retailer Papaya will open October 2013, and Pure Element Salon will also open this year.
Here is an artist rendering of what the mall will look like once the hotel is finished. It will sit above mall stores and restaurants, with its own entrance, and a roof-top pool.
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023