On May 6, the 2013 James Beard Foundation Awards were announced and two of the winners have restaurants in the Orlando area.
Melissa Kelly won Best Chef: Northeast for her PRIMO restaurant in Rockland, Maine. She also owns PRIMO at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
Emeril Lagasse received the Humanitarian of the Year award for his work with the New Orleans-based Emeril Lagasse Foundation. He owns both Emeril’s Orlando at Universal Orlando CityWalk, and Emeril’s Tchoup Chop at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
The James Beard Awards are like the Grammys of the restaurant industry, so this is a big honor for those who received the awards.
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023