On May 6, the 2013 James Beard Foundation Awards were announced and two of the winners have restaurants in the Orlando area.
Melissa Kelly won Best Chef: Northeast for her PRIMO restaurant in Rockland, Maine. She also owns PRIMO at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
Emeril Lagasse received the Humanitarian of the Year award for his work with the New Orleans-based Emeril Lagasse Foundation. He owns both Emeril’s Orlando at Universal Orlando CityWalk, and Emeril’s Tchoup Chop at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort.
The James Beard Awards are like the Grammys of the restaurant industry, so this is a big honor for those who received the awards.
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022