Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra & Orlando Shakespeare Theater are uniting to present “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center on April 27, 2013.
The performance will feature a fully staged version of Shakespeare’s play and all of Mendelssohn’s incidental music.
“A Midsummer Night’s Dream” is one of Shakespeare’s most popular works for the stage. The comic play follows the adventures of four young Athenian lovers and a group of six amateur actors, who become caught up in a web of magical events with the fairies who live in the enchanted forest where the play is set.
The joint production will be conducted by Orlando Philharmonic Music Director Christopher Wilkins, and directed by Orlando Shakespeare Theater Artistic Director Jim Helsinger. The staging will feature a full orchestra, with costumed actors and sets positioned downstage. There will also a children’s choir from Florida Opera Theatre, directed by Robin Jensen.
Tickets are $17 to $70, and are available through the Orlando Philharmonic Box Office at 407-770-0071 or OrlandoPhil.org. The performance is sponsored by the Bryce L. West Foundation.
Special note: This show is close to being sold out. If it is, they are opening up tickets to the dress rehersal on April 26, at 6:45pm at the Bob Carr. Tickets are only $10, but since this is a dress rehersal, they may start and stop the show to tweak things. If interested, you can buy your tickets online.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018