Nowadays, you can expect to pay at least $50 or so for the worst seats at a concert. You know the ones I mean – the nosebleed seats way in the back. It’s getting so it’s too expensive to see all the bands you want to see.
Kid Rock says he feels your pain, and on his upcoming “$20 Best Night Ever” tour, he will be offering tickets in ALL sections of the venue (reserved and lawn) for only $20. Except the first two rows. The singer is reserving the first two rows for every show as free upgrades for lucky fans who will be selected at random.
In addition to the low ticket price, Kid Rock is going beyond the extra mile for his fans. In a first for a Kid Rock tour, participating Walmart locations will offer all-in $20 tickets –no fees, no parking charges, nada. All tickets sold via other outlets will carry additional service fees and/or parking fees where applicable.
Can it get better? You betcha.
Special $4 draught beers, value food packages, cheaper parking (where possible), free samples of Jimmy John’s sandwiches at select venues, free coffee at the end of the show, and $20 tour t-shirts will be available as well.
It’s like when I went to concerts in the 80s, and you could enjoy a night out at a concert, including drinks and a concert shirt for around $50 – the same price you pay now at most shows just for the ticket.
Oh, and it’s not just Kid Rock who will be taking the stage, when the tour rolls into the Live Nation Amphitheatre at The Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa on September 15, 2013.
Why is he doing this? According to Kid Rock: “Everyone knows the economy is still hurting people across the country, but I didn’t want that to be a reason why everyone couldn’t get out and enjoy themselves on a summer night. So we’re going to throw the biggest and best party ever, with prices across the board that are reasonable and transparent. No hidden fees, no gimmicks. We’re not sparing any expense on this tour, we’re going over the top as always, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to ask the fans to pay more. If this works we’re going to play to packed houses of fans who appreciate what we’re doing. If it doesn’t, might be a long summer. But someone has to go out there and fight these high prices and change things up, and I’m lucky enough that I can afford to take a pay cut.”
So while I don’t normally write about shows outside of the Orlando area on CitySurfing Orlando, I’m making an exception, because even with the 2 hour roundtrip drive, this is going to be a show worth checking out. Affordable, too.
Tickets go on sale to the public in select markets beginning April 12th on LiveNation.com. Members of Kid Rock’s Rebel Soldiers fan club (which charges a fee to join) will have first access to presale tickets through kidrock.com/tour. According to the site, the fanclub presale is on April 17, so the rest of the Tampa show tix should go onsale a day or two after.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020