This week, the annual Florida Film Festival starts in Orlando, and it has quite a line-up this year.
Running from April 5 – 14, 2013, the FFF takes place mostly at the Enzian theater in Maitland, with some films showing at the Regal Winter Park.
Highlights of this year’s fest will be several celebrity-attended screenings.
On Friday, April 12, spend An Evening with actress Tippi Hendren, as the FFF shows the classic Hitchcock film The Birds, in which she starred.
On Saturday, April 13, the FFF will host An Afternoon with Zoe Bell, with a screening of her Quentin Tarantino-directed film, Death Proof. Bell is well-respected actress and stuntwoman, so this should be a fun event. Tickets are still available for only $20.
The FFF wraps up with A Brunch with Cary Elwes, featuring a screening of his classic film, The Princess Bride. As you wish, indeed.
And of course, there are the films – nine days worth of indie films, documentaries, and cult classics. There are several music documentary films worth checking out, including AKA Doc Pomus, Bad Brains: A Band in DC, and Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.
Midnight Movies is another popular category at the Florida Film Festival. This is where you’ll find the controversial movies, raunchy comedies, and not-for-the-squeamish horror flicks. This year, highlights of Midnight Movies includes the cult biography, I Am Divine, and V/H/S/2, a sequel to the highly-rated horror anthology V/H/S.
You can view the full list of films playing the festival online.
Tickets to most movies range from $9-$11, but you can buy ticket packages that will save you money. A 5-pack is $50, a 10-pack is $95, and a 20-pack is $180. Matinee passes provide unlimited movies before 5pm for $99, and a Cinephile pass provides admission to all films, plus the Opening Night film, for $450. There are also Platinum passes for $750, and Movie Star passes for $1000, both of which include film admissions, as well as parties and other benefits.
For more information, or to purchase tickets and passes, visit FloridaFilmFestival.com.
- Out and About: Walt Disney World Opens Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining #WaltDisneyWorld - September 21, 2021
- Space 220 Restaurant Opens at EPCOT Sept 20, 2021 .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining - September 17, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Welcomes Families to SeaWorld Spooktacular® Starting Sept 18, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HalloweenSpooktacular - September 16, 2021
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns Oct 29-30, 2021 .. #SwanandDolphin #FoodandWineClassic #OrlandoFoodies - September 15, 2021
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Until October 17, 2021 .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #OrlandoRestaurants - September 14, 2021
- Out and About: Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining at JALEO at Disney Springs .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #Jaleo #DisneySprings - September 13, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Craft Beer Festival Through October 31, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer - September 12, 2021
- ICON Park honors First Responders on 20th Anniversary of 9/11 .. #ICONPark #FirstResponders - September 10, 2021
- Ramen Rumble 4 Comes to Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs Sept 28, 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #RamenRumble4 - September 10, 2021
- Rib & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern Locations .. #MarlowsTavern #RibsAndWhiskey - September 9, 2021