This week, the annual Florida Film Festival starts in Orlando, and it has quite a line-up this year.
Running from April 5 – 14, 2013, the FFF takes place mostly at the Enzian theater in Maitland, with some films showing at the Regal Winter Park.
Highlights of this year’s fest will be several celebrity-attended screenings.
On Friday, April 12, spend An Evening with actress Tippi Hendren, as the FFF shows the classic Hitchcock film The Birds, in which she starred.
On Saturday, April 13, the FFF will host An Afternoon with Zoe Bell, with a screening of her Quentin Tarantino-directed film, Death Proof. Bell is well-respected actress and stuntwoman, so this should be a fun event. Tickets are still available for only $20.
The FFF wraps up with A Brunch with Cary Elwes, featuring a screening of his classic film, The Princess Bride. As you wish, indeed.
And of course, there are the films – nine days worth of indie films, documentaries, and cult classics. There are several music documentary films worth checking out, including AKA Doc Pomus, Bad Brains: A Band in DC, and Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.
Midnight Movies is another popular category at the Florida Film Festival. This is where you’ll find the controversial movies, raunchy comedies, and not-for-the-squeamish horror flicks. This year, highlights of Midnight Movies includes the cult biography, I Am Divine, and V/H/S/2, a sequel to the highly-rated horror anthology V/H/S.
You can view the full list of films playing the festival online.
Tickets to most movies range from $9-$11, but you can buy ticket packages that will save you money. A 5-pack is $50, a 10-pack is $95, and a 20-pack is $180. Matinee passes provide unlimited movies before 5pm for $99, and a Cinephile pass provides admission to all films, plus the Opening Night film, for $450. There are also Platinum passes for $750, and Movie Star passes for $1000, both of which include film admissions, as well as parties and other benefits.
For more information, or to purchase tickets and passes, visit FloridaFilmFestival.com.
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020
- ‘Drawn to Life’ by Cirque du Soleil Postpones March Previews at Disney Springs .. @Cirque @WaltDisneyWorld #DrawnToLife - March 18, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s List of Orlando and Central Florida Closures, Postponements, and Cancellations Due to Coronavirus (Continuously Updated) || #LastUpdated March 29 @ 1am || - March 14, 2020
- Out and About: Trying the Limited Time “Bone In, Bold Flavors” Menu at LongHorn Steakhouse .. @LongHornSteaks #BoneInBoldFlavor - March 13, 2020