This week, the annual Florida Film Festival starts in Orlando, and it has quite a line-up this year.
Running from April 5 – 14, 2013, the FFF takes place mostly at the Enzian theater in Maitland, with some films showing at the Regal Winter Park.
Highlights of this year’s fest will be several celebrity-attended screenings.
On Friday, April 12, spend An Evening with actress Tippi Hendren, as the FFF shows the classic Hitchcock film The Birds, in which she starred.
On Saturday, April 13, the FFF will host An Afternoon with Zoe Bell, with a screening of her Quentin Tarantino-directed film, Death Proof. Bell is well-respected actress and stuntwoman, so this should be a fun event. Tickets are still available for only $20.
The FFF wraps up with A Brunch with Cary Elwes, featuring a screening of his classic film, The Princess Bride. As you wish, indeed.
And of course, there are the films – nine days worth of indie films, documentaries, and cult classics. There are several music documentary films worth checking out, including AKA Doc Pomus, Bad Brains: A Band in DC, and Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.
Midnight Movies is another popular category at the Florida Film Festival. This is where you’ll find the controversial movies, raunchy comedies, and not-for-the-squeamish horror flicks. This year, highlights of Midnight Movies includes the cult biography, I Am Divine, and V/H/S/2, a sequel to the highly-rated horror anthology V/H/S.
You can view the full list of films playing the festival online.
Tickets to most movies range from $9-$11, but you can buy ticket packages that will save you money. A 5-pack is $50, a 10-pack is $95, and a 20-pack is $180. Matinee passes provide unlimited movies before 5pm for $99, and a Cinephile pass provides admission to all films, plus the Opening Night film, for $450. There are also Platinum passes for $750, and Movie Star passes for $1000, both of which include film admissions, as well as parties and other benefits.
For more information, or to purchase tickets and passes, visit FloridaFilmFestival.com.
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020