Legendary band The Irish Rovers will be bringing “The Long Goodbye” tour to Orlando at the Plaza Live on February 25, 2013.
The band has been performing their traditional Irish folk songs for over 45 years, and plan to tour only two more years, with a grand finale planned for March 2015.
“That makes it fifty years of touring”, says Rovers founder George Millar, “a good round number.”
Along the way, they have had many hits, including “The Unicorn,” “Wasn’t That A Party,” “The Black Velvet Band,” “Lily The Pink,” and “Drunken Sailor.”
In the 70s and early 80s, the Irish Rovers had a weekly series in Canada, and another that was syndicated throughout the world. Recently, the Rovers recorded a tribute to The Titanic for its 100th anniversary.
Tickets for the show at Plaza Live are $29 to $45, and are available online and at the Plaza Live box office. Doors are at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm.
Here is the video compilation of The Irish Rovers live, as a taste of what to expect during the show:
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023