Legendary band The Irish Rovers will be bringing “The Long Goodbye” tour to Orlando at the Plaza Live on February 25, 2013.
The band has been performing their traditional Irish folk songs for over 45 years, and plan to tour only two more years, with a grand finale planned for March 2015.
“That makes it fifty years of touring”, says Rovers founder George Millar, “a good round number.”
Along the way, they have had many hits, including “The Unicorn,” “Wasn’t That A Party,” “The Black Velvet Band,” “Lily The Pink,” and “Drunken Sailor.”
In the 70s and early 80s, the Irish Rovers had a weekly series in Canada, and another that was syndicated throughout the world. Recently, the Rovers recorded a tribute to The Titanic for its 100th anniversary.
Tickets for the show at Plaza Live are $29 to $45, and are available online and at the Plaza Live box office. Doors are at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm.
Here is the video compilation of The Irish Rovers live, as a taste of what to expect during the show:
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023