The Florida Theatrical Association has announced that the Broadway hit musical, “The Book of Mormon,” will headline their 25th anniversary season in Orlando.
“The Book of Mormon” is a musical comedy that follows two Mormon missionaries, Elder Price and Elder Cunningham, as they attempt to convert Africans in a war-torn village to their religion.
The show opened on broadway in 2011, and quickly became sold out for months on end. It was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame, along with Robert Lopez, who co-wrote another hit Broadway musical, Avenue Q.
It won several Tonys, as well as other theater awards, and even a Grammy for the soundtrack.
Exact dates have not been mentioned, but I’m told all will be revealed February 11, when the Florida Theatrical Association announces the complete 2013-14 line-up that will play at the Bob Carr P.A.C.
Season ticketholders will get first chance at “The Book of Mormon” tickets starting February 12. Single tickets will be available later.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023