The Florida Theatrical Association has announced that the Broadway hit musical, “The Book of Mormon,” will headline their 25th anniversary season in Orlando.
“The Book of Mormon” is a musical comedy that follows two Mormon missionaries, Elder Price and Elder Cunningham, as they attempt to convert Africans in a war-torn village to their religion.
The show opened on broadway in 2011, and quickly became sold out for months on end. It was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame, along with Robert Lopez, who co-wrote another hit Broadway musical, Avenue Q.
It won several Tonys, as well as other theater awards, and even a Grammy for the soundtrack.
Exact dates have not been mentioned, but I’m told all will be revealed February 11, when the Florida Theatrical Association announces the complete 2013-14 line-up that will play at the Bob Carr P.A.C.
Season ticketholders will get first chance at “The Book of Mormon” tickets starting February 12. Single tickets will be available later.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023