The Florida Theatrical Association has announced that the Broadway hit musical, “The Book of Mormon,” will headline their 25th anniversary season in Orlando.
“The Book of Mormon” is a musical comedy that follows two Mormon missionaries, Elder Price and Elder Cunningham, as they attempt to convert Africans in a war-torn village to their religion.
The show opened on broadway in 2011, and quickly became sold out for months on end. It was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame, along with Robert Lopez, who co-wrote another hit Broadway musical, Avenue Q.
It won several Tonys, as well as other theater awards, and even a Grammy for the soundtrack.
Exact dates have not been mentioned, but I’m told all will be revealed February 11, when the Florida Theatrical Association announces the complete 2013-14 line-up that will play at the Bob Carr P.A.C.
Season ticketholders will get first chance at “The Book of Mormon” tickets starting February 12. Single tickets will be available later.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022