I saw P!nk on her first tour over a decade ago, and like a fine wine, her performances have only gotten better and better.
Sunday, February 24, 2013, P!nk brought her “Truth About Love” tour to the Amway Center and totally tore the place apart with a show that was as brilliant visually as it was musically.
Clocking in at almost 2 hours, her show started with her hit, “Raise Your Glass,” (one of my favorite songs of hers), which she performed dangling upside down on bungee chords with some of her dancers.
That set the tone of the show, which often found her not just working the stage, but taking flight on numerous pieces of aerial equipment.
My favorite was a gyroscope-type of harness that not only allowed her to spin in multiple directions, but slingshot her out over audience, bring her so close to the fans in the back and the upper levels of the arena, that I think she could have high-fived some of them.
All the while, she kept singing hit after hit, her voice strong and real – no lip-syncing here!
Another favorite part of the show was her vocal prowess on recent hit, “Try,” which began with a spoken-word introduction, and then sequed into a gorgeous rendition of Chris Isaak’s, “Wicked Game.”
Opening act was Swedish rockers The Hives. While they weren’t as visual as P!nk, they put on a great high energy show that was a perfect lead-in to the headliner.
Make no mistake, P!nk isn’t merely one of the best and most popular singers and songwriters in music today, she is a full-fledged all-around entertainer.
As evidenced by her latest tour, P!nk is the real deal and well worth the ticket price.
Here are a few more photos from the show:
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022