This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival and to change it up and make it a little fresh, they’re taking a page from another popular Epcot festival, and introducing the Garden Marketplace for 2013.
This Garden Marketplace is similar to the food kiosks at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. It will offer culinary creations that will include Florida Fresh at World Showcase Promenade, Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure courtyard, Primavera Kitchen at Italy showcase, Hanami at Japan showcase and eight others, around the World Showcase promenade.
Here is a list of some of the new menu items guests will be able to sample:
- Florida Fresh Marketplace: watermelon salad with pickled red onions, baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction; shrimp and stone-ground grits with andouille sausage, zellwood corn, tomatoes and cilantro; angel food cake with Florida berries; tomato or carrot wine; Florida-brewed beer.
- Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico): crab tostadas with chipotle aioli and salsa
- Lotus House (China): spring pancake with grilled chicken and green apple
- Bauernmarkt (Germany): savory bread pudding with spring peas and wild mushroom ragout
- Primavera Kitchen (Italy): green asparagus and lobster with a garden cocktail sauce
- Hamai (Japan): stir-fried veggies and soba noodles served in a bun
- Taste of Marrakesh (Morocco): spiced lamb kebabs with couscous salad
- The Smokehouse (American Adventure): pig slider with cole slaw
- L’Orangerie (France): ratatouille tart with goat cheese
- The Cottage (United Kingdom): heirloom tomatoes with house-made mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar and basil
For those who’d rather drink around the World, the Garden Marketplace will offer refreshing libations with a kick like Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery, as well as non-alcoholic drinks like Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and Wild Berry Slush. Beverage specialists will feature brews and beverages at food marketplaces and at Fruits by the Glass and Pineapple Promenade.
There will even be an adult version of the popular Disney treat, the Dole Whip, made with spiced rum.
All Garden Marketplace offerings will be an additional cost.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival events are included with regular admission to the theme park. The festival runs March 06 through May 19, 2013.
For more information, visit EpcotinSpring.com.
[Photo courtesy Walt Disney World]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023