Every spring, fifteen Major League Baseball teams head for Florida for Spring Training. This group of baseball teams is known as the Florida Grapefruit League, and this year marks the 125th anniversary of the FLG.
Of the teams that train in Florida, two call the Orlando area home: the Atlanta Braves and the Houston Astros.
The Atlanta Braves are calling Champion Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World home for their training. Their first game is a home game against the Detroit Tigers on February 22.
The Houston Astros will be based at Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee for their spring training. Their first game is against the Phillies in Clearwater on February 23, but the following day, they’ll play their first home game against the Mets.
For a complete list of games and teams, visit FloridaGrapefruitLeague.com.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022