Every spring, fifteen Major League Baseball teams head for Florida for Spring Training. This group of baseball teams is known as the Florida Grapefruit League, and this year marks the 125th anniversary of the FLG.
Of the teams that train in Florida, two call the Orlando area home: the Atlanta Braves and the Houston Astros.
The Atlanta Braves are calling Champion Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World home for their training. Their first game is a home game against the Detroit Tigers on February 22.
The Houston Astros will be based at Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee for their spring training. Their first game is against the Phillies in Clearwater on February 23, but the following day, they’ll play their first home game against the Mets.
For a complete list of games and teams, visit FloridaGrapefruitLeague.com.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023