One of the most popular city events is the annual Orlando Chili Cook-Off, and it returns for its 4th year on February 9, 2013.
The event takes place at Orlando Festival Park (2911 E. Robinson St), located next to Orlando Executive Airport.
The main focus is the chili cook-off competition, which is sanctioned by the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI). The total purse in cash and prizes has been increased to $5000 this year. Teams compete to win trophies, prizes and cash for the best CASI chili or the best Open chili categories.
The Orlando Chili Cook-off will also host Orlando’s first World Chili Eating Challenge. The renowned eater, Joey Chestnut will be among the competitors and there are still three spots open for Orlando locals to ‘chow for charity’ and compete for the total purse of $3500, with first prize winning $1750.
In addition to free samples of chili, those that attend can purchase other food and beverages, like beer, at an additional cost. Free chili samples are limited, so get there early if you want to chow down. Bring cash, because that’s the only way you’ll be able to pay for anything.
Gates open at 12pm (noon) and close at 6pm.
Admission is $7 in advance online until February 8. Day of tickets jump to $12 per adult. Children 6-12 are $3.
A portion of all proceeds will benefit Special Olympics Florida.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit orlandochilicookoff.com.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023