The event takes place at Orlando Festival Park (2911 E. Robinson St), located next to Orlando Executive Airport.
The main focus is the chili cook-off competition, which is sanctioned by the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI). The total purse in cash and prizes has been increased to $5000 this year. Teams compete to win trophies, prizes and cash for the best CASI chili or the best Open chili categories.
The Orlando Chili Cook-off will also host Orlando’s first World Chili Eating Challenge. The renowned eater, Joey Chestnut will be among the competitors and there are still three spots open for Orlando locals to ‘chow for charity’ and compete for the total purse of $3500, with first prize winning $1750.
In addition to free samples of chili, those that attend can purchase other food and beverages, like beer, at an additional cost. Free chili samples are limited, so get there early if you want to chow down. Bring cash, because that’s the only way you’ll be able to pay for anything.
Gates open at 12pm (noon) and close at 6pm.
Admission is $7 in advance online until February 8. Day of tickets jump to $12 per adult. Children 6-12 are $3.
A portion of all proceeds will benefit Special Olympics Florida.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit orlandochilicookoff.com.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023