The 20th Anniversary edition of the Walt Disney World Marathon will be held the weekend of January 10-13, 2013.
A record field of more than 65,000 runners, including several well-known running legends and celebrities (like Drew Carey, Gilles Marini, and Joey Fatone), will be participating, making this the largest marathon festival weekend in America.
Unique features await the marathon runners – a new Mickey Mouse medal, enhanced entertainment along Mile 20 to commemorate the 20th anniversary, a post-race party at Downtown Disney, and some new course twists (the 26.2-mile route goes through the Walt Disney World Speedway and Champion Stadium).
Spectators are welcome, and there are reserved seating packages available in addition to a limited number of complimentary spots.
For more information, visit rundisney.com.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022