Timpano Italian Chophouse & Martini Bar on Sand Lake Road has closed for good as of this month.
One of Restaurant Row’s earliest tenants, it was originally owned by Orlando-based e-Brands.
Last year it was sold to the restaurant arm of Tavistock Group, which also bought neighboring Samba Room. That venue has already been sold off and reopened as Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar.
Darden Restaurants has bought the former Timpano building, and has announced they plan to tear down and rebuild it as one of its Eddie V’s brand of restaurants.
According to the website, Eddie V’s is an upscale steak and seafood restaurant, with live music.
No time table has been given for the transformation.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023