For the eighth consecutive year, the Orlando Science Center will celebrate the role interactive technology plays in the way we live, learn, work and play when it hosts Otronicon January 18 through 21, 2013.
Otronicon is the OSC’s largest annual event, with over 10,000 guests taking part during the four days.
This year, partners including EA SPORTS, University of Central Florida and Florida Hospital for Children will demonstrate Orlando’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
There will be classes in video game creation, exclusive peeks at simulators created by local experts, and examples of how video game technology is being used in the military, medical, sports and entertainment industries as a training and design tool.
And once again, EA SPORTS will invite attendees to “get in the game” with sports cover photo-ops, a 3-D technology demonstration called “Be 3-D” (showing guests how they might look in a video game), and plenty of games available for open play.
Also returning to Otronicon is Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, which will be showcasing how they use simulation to design rides and attractions. Included is an Audio-Animatronic Droid from Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction Star Tours: The Adventures Continue set in the Star Wars universe.
In addition, explore the virtual reality environment of the Virtusphere or play outdoor laser tag courtesy of Battlefield Live Orlando. There will also be open play for video games on multiple platforms and areas to explore video games as art.
And for the first time ever at Otronicon, guests will be able to see a Hollywood movie in the new Digital Adventure Theater, “TRON: Legacy 3D.” Showtimes are Friday and Saturday at 5:10pm and 7:50pm; Sunday and Monday at 5:10pm.
Admission to Otronicon is $27 for adults and $20 for youth (ages 3-11). Tickets also include access to the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit, films and live presentations.
Otronicon is open 10am to 9pm Friday, Jan. 18 and Saturday, Jan. 19; 10am to 5pm Sunday, Jan. 20 and Monday, Jan. 21.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023