For the eighth consecutive year, the Orlando Science Center will celebrate the role interactive technology plays in the way we live, learn, work and play when it hosts Otronicon January 18 through 21, 2013.
Otronicon is the OSC’s largest annual event, with over 10,000 guests taking part during the four days.
This year, partners including EA SPORTS, University of Central Florida and Florida Hospital for Children will demonstrate Orlando’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
There will be classes in video game creation, exclusive peeks at simulators created by local experts, and examples of how video game technology is being used in the military, medical, sports and entertainment industries as a training and design tool.
And once again, EA SPORTS will invite attendees to “get in the game” with sports cover photo-ops, a 3-D technology demonstration called “Be 3-D” (showing guests how they might look in a video game), and plenty of games available for open play.
Also returning to Otronicon is Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, which will be showcasing how they use simulation to design rides and attractions. Included is an Audio-Animatronic Droid from Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction Star Tours: The Adventures Continue set in the Star Wars universe.
In addition, explore the virtual reality environment of the Virtusphere or play outdoor laser tag courtesy of Battlefield Live Orlando. There will also be open play for video games on multiple platforms and areas to explore video games as art.
And for the first time ever at Otronicon, guests will be able to see a Hollywood movie in the new Digital Adventure Theater, “TRON: Legacy 3D.” Showtimes are Friday and Saturday at 5:10pm and 7:50pm; Sunday and Monday at 5:10pm.
Admission to Otronicon is $27 for adults and $20 for youth (ages 3-11). Tickets also include access to the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit, films and live presentations.
Otronicon is open 10am to 9pm Friday, Jan. 18 and Saturday, Jan. 19; 10am to 5pm Sunday, Jan. 20 and Monday, Jan. 21.
- Theatre UCF Announces New Pegasus Lab Summer 2018 Productions - April 25, 2018
- Beth McKee and Her Swamp Sistas Launch The La La Summer Hope Virtual Food Drive for 2018 #lalasummer - April 24, 2018
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018