For the eighth consecutive year, the Orlando Science Center will celebrate the role interactive technology plays in the way we live, learn, work and play when it hosts Otronicon January 18 through 21, 2013.
Otronicon is the OSC’s largest annual event, with over 10,000 guests taking part during the four days.
This year, partners including EA SPORTS, University of Central Florida and Florida Hospital for Children will demonstrate Orlando’s impact on the world of entertainment, simulation, education, training, health care and more.
There will be classes in video game creation, exclusive peeks at simulators created by local experts, and examples of how video game technology is being used in the military, medical, sports and entertainment industries as a training and design tool.
And once again, EA SPORTS will invite attendees to “get in the game” with sports cover photo-ops, a 3-D technology demonstration called “Be 3-D” (showing guests how they might look in a video game), and plenty of games available for open play.
Also returning to Otronicon is Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, which will be showcasing how they use simulation to design rides and attractions. Included is an Audio-Animatronic Droid from Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction Star Tours: The Adventures Continue set in the Star Wars universe.
In addition, explore the virtual reality environment of the Virtusphere or play outdoor laser tag courtesy of Battlefield Live Orlando. There will also be open play for video games on multiple platforms and areas to explore video games as art.
And for the first time ever at Otronicon, guests will be able to see a Hollywood movie in the new Digital Adventure Theater, “TRON: Legacy 3D.” Showtimes are Friday and Saturday at 5:10pm and 7:50pm; Sunday and Monday at 5:10pm.
Admission to Otronicon is $27 for adults and $20 for youth (ages 3-11). Tickets also include access to the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit, films and live presentations.
Otronicon is open 10am to 9pm Friday, Jan. 18 and Saturday, Jan. 19; 10am to 5pm Sunday, Jan. 20 and Monday, Jan. 21.
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019