There’s a new show on I-Drive called DRIP, but that name doesn’t even begin to cover the liquid mayhem that awaits inside.
Set in a warehouse-style setting in the back of the building that houses Denny’s and Senor Frogs, the show is more freeform than other artistic theater-style productions in Orlando, like Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba and Blue Man Group. Though it does bear a passing resemblance to BMG in that it is loud, creative, and messy.
DRIP starts out of the blue, with dancing in the bar area. It’s here that you first start to get wet, as drinks are flung from pitchers with abandon.
The crowd is then ushered into a second room with no seats. Where you got your hand stamped at the entrance determines where you stand in the room.
Then the show really starts.
Dancers inside a plastic screen cage use movements and different mediums, such as paint, water, and sand, to tell a story of love found, then lost. It’s all set to music played by a live band.
But soon after starting, the plastic walls are removed and the entire room – and the guests in it – become part of the show.
Yes, that means you will end up wet with water or paint or both, along with a healthy dose of sand in and on your clothing.
That’s ok, though, because that’s what makes this show so fun and exciting.
My friend Patti and I went Saturday night (Jan 5) and it was a sold out show. We both had a lot of fun, though I was more paint adventurous.
Neither of us drank anything, but they do offer up unlimited beer and wine for $8.
Don’t bother bringing the kids – this show is 21 and over only. You are asked to sign a waiver when you enter to signify that you understand you will get wet and messy at this show. There is also liberal use of strobe lights, if that bothers you.
DRIP plays Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, at 8pm. I recommend showing up 15-20 minutes early. Tickets are $35 at the door, but buy them online at ILoveDRIP.com, and you can get them for $29 (a $6 savings!).
It’s located at 8747 International Drive. Go directly behind the Denny’s (like if it were a backdoor entrance). You’ll see the DRIP banner hanging. There is free parking (first come); after that, there is $5 parking or complimentary valet at Senor Frogs, next door.
If you really want to enjoy the show, dress down, in clothing you don’t mind getting stuff on. I would even recommend wearing a white shirt – or buy one there for $8. Then, after the show, and all the paint, you have a souvenir to take home. Wear comfortable old shoes, as you’ll be standing the whole show and you will get them dirty. I’d also suggest bringing towels for your car seats, if you feel like getting exceptionally messy.
And bring friends. DRIP is way more fun with friends.
Disclosure: We were invited to review the show for CitySurfing Orlando. Our opinions, as always, are honest and our own.
- WRESTLEMANIA® Week 2020 Events at Amalie Arena in Tampa Go Onsale Today .. @WWE @AmalieArena #Wrestlemania - December 13, 2019
- Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Joan Jett & The Black Hearts Bring Summer 2020 Tour to Camping World Stadium in Orlando .. @CWStadium @DefLeppard @MotleyCrue @Poison @JoanJett - December 12, 2019
- 2019 Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Fall Finals To Be Held At The Fortress At Full Sail University Dec 14 .. @FullSail @Blizzard_Ent - December 11, 2019
- Orlando Shakes presents ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’ Through Dec 29 .. @OrlandoShakes - December 11, 2019
- Tony Roma’s Hosts ‘Toys for Tots Toy Drive & Mixer’ Dec 13 .. @TonyRomas #ToysForTots - December 10, 2019
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019 Food and Drink Guide .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney #Foodies - December 10, 2019
- Amazon Prime Video To Promote ‘The Aeronauts’ With Free Victorian Fair in Orlando Dec 13 .. @TheAeronautsMov @PrimeVideo - December 9, 2019
- Celebrate the ‘Songs of the Season’ at Dr. Phillips Center for Free on Dec. 12 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - December 8, 2019
- Orlando Story Club Presents “Best Of 2019” at The Abbey on Dec 11 .. @OrlandoStoryClub - December 6, 2019
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019