There’s a new show on I-Drive called DRIP, but that name doesn’t even begin to cover the liquid mayhem that awaits inside.
Set in a warehouse-style setting in the back of the building that houses Denny’s and Senor Frogs, the show is more freeform than other artistic theater-style productions in Orlando, like Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba and Blue Man Group. Though it does bear a passing resemblance to BMG in that it is loud, creative, and messy.
DRIP starts out of the blue, with dancing in the bar area. It’s here that you first start to get wet, as drinks are flung from pitchers with abandon.
The crowd is then ushered into a second room with no seats. Where you got your hand stamped at the entrance determines where you stand in the room.
Then the show really starts.
Dancers inside a plastic screen cage use movements and different mediums, such as paint, water, and sand, to tell a story of love found, then lost. It’s all set to music played by a live band.
But soon after starting, the plastic walls are removed and the entire room – and the guests in it – become part of the show.
Yes, that means you will end up wet with water or paint or both, along with a healthy dose of sand in and on your clothing.
That’s ok, though, because that’s what makes this show so fun and exciting.
My friend Patti and I went Saturday night (Jan 5) and it was a sold out show. We both had a lot of fun, though I was more paint adventurous.
Neither of us drank anything, but they do offer up unlimited beer and wine for $8.
Don’t bother bringing the kids – this show is 21 and over only. You are asked to sign a waiver when you enter to signify that you understand you will get wet and messy at this show. There is also liberal use of strobe lights, if that bothers you.
DRIP plays Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, at 8pm. I recommend showing up 15-20 minutes early. Tickets are $35 at the door, but buy them online at ILoveDRIP.com, and you can get them for $29 (a $6 savings!).
It’s located at 8747 International Drive. Go directly behind the Denny’s (like if it were a backdoor entrance). You’ll see the DRIP banner hanging. There is free parking (first come); after that, there is $5 parking or complimentary valet at Senor Frogs, next door.
If you really want to enjoy the show, dress down, in clothing you don’t mind getting stuff on. I would even recommend wearing a white shirt – or buy one there for $8. Then, after the show, and all the paint, you have a souvenir to take home. Wear comfortable old shoes, as you’ll be standing the whole show and you will get them dirty. I’d also suggest bringing towels for your car seats, if you feel like getting exceptionally messy.
And bring friends. DRIP is way more fun with friends.
Disclosure: We were invited to review the show for CitySurfing Orlando. Our opinions, as always, are honest and our own.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020