Lovers of French cuisine have a new place to eat at Epcot, as Monsieur Paul is now open in the former Bistro de Paris location.
The restaurant is an upscale, but less formal version of the previous eatery, with bright colors and a touch of modernism. Even the uniforms are new.
“Monsieur Paul” was the name cooks used in the 1950s to address a young Paul Bocuse in the kitchen to differentiate him from his father George Bocuse, also an established chef—and the nickname has stuck throughout Paul’s life.
The restaurant is decorated with mementos of Chef Paul Bocuse’s extraordinary culinary honors – he achieved three Michelin stars for 48 straight years at his famous Lyon restaurant, Auberge du Pont de Collognes.
The new menu, created by Chef Francesco Santin who worked with Chef Bocuse in his restaurant in Lyon for 15 years, is built on the Bocuse tradition of French classical cuisine with fresh ingredients. For instance, a classic Bocuse fish entrée prepared in France with rouget (red mullet) is re-imagined at Monsieur Paul with red snapper from Florida.
Appetizers average $15 a dish, while entrees average $40 per person. There is also a prix fix menu, that starts at $59 per person; $95 per person with wine pairing.
Monsieur Paul is open seven days a week for dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m. There is a dress code, with items like tank tops, swimwear, hats, and torn clothing, not allowed.
Call 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) or go online for reservations.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023