Lovers of French cuisine have a new place to eat at Epcot, as Monsieur Paul is now open in the former Bistro de Paris location.
The restaurant is an upscale, but less formal version of the previous eatery, with bright colors and a touch of modernism. Even the uniforms are new.
“Monsieur Paul” was the name cooks used in the 1950s to address a young Paul Bocuse in the kitchen to differentiate him from his father George Bocuse, also an established chef—and the nickname has stuck throughout Paul’s life.
The restaurant is decorated with mementos of Chef Paul Bocuse’s extraordinary culinary honors – he achieved three Michelin stars for 48 straight years at his famous Lyon restaurant, Auberge du Pont de Collognes.
The new menu, created by Chef Francesco Santin who worked with Chef Bocuse in his restaurant in Lyon for 15 years, is built on the Bocuse tradition of French classical cuisine with fresh ingredients. For instance, a classic Bocuse fish entrée prepared in France with rouget (red mullet) is re-imagined at Monsieur Paul with red snapper from Florida.
Appetizers average $15 a dish, while entrees average $40 per person. There is also a prix fix menu, that starts at $59 per person; $95 per person with wine pairing.
Monsieur Paul is open seven days a week for dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m. There is a dress code, with items like tank tops, swimwear, hats, and torn clothing, not allowed.
Call 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) or go online for reservations.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022