The Scottish-American Society of Central Florida was founded in 1976 to celebrate and carry on the Scottish traditions here in the US. One of their most popular events is the annual Central Florida Scottish Highland Games.
This year’s games will be held the weekend of January 19 – 20, 2013, at Central Winds Park in Winter Springs, FL.
Come out to cheer the athletes tossing rocks and trees. Watch dancers and listen to bands. Dance to the old tribal rhythms. Meet distant kin in Clan Row. See how far you can carry a boulder. Even if you aren’t Scottish, you’ll enjoy immersing yourself in the culture.
A Saturday pass gets you admission to the games from 8am to 9pm, and includes the evening ceilidh (party). For adults, it is $17 in advance and $20 at the gate.
A Sunday games pass offers admission from 9am to 5pm. It is $12 in advance for adults and $15 at the gate.
Children 6-11 are $5 both days.
For more information, to buy advance tickets or to get directions, visit flascot.com.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022