I shop Winn-Dixie every week. They’re right across the street from where I live, and their sale flyers always have great deals to help me put together my meals. This is especially important when I make holiday dishes to share with friends and family. Winn-Dixie is helping even further by offering a free Holiday Recipes to Impress e-book.
You can browse through the recipes in the gallery, and you can even submit recipes of your own, for inclusion in the final e-cookbook. Show others how you celebrate the local flavors of your area, or perhaps share family recipes of your own.
Here is one of my favorites, a different take on the traditional apple pie:
Bourbon Apple Crisp Shooters
- 4 cups chopped crisp all-purpose apples (such as Fuji)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together fruit mixture ingredients until well combined. Place mixture in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix Topping ingredients with hands. Crumble topping over apples.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat Bourbon Cream ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon warm apple crisp into shot glasses. Top each with bourbon cream. Serve warm.
To make a non-boozy version of this recipe, simply omit all of the bourbon.
The Winn-Dixie Holiday Website also has holiday recipes, tips for entertaining, and even a shopping list to make sure you get everything you need for your meal. There’s also information on ordering a pre-cooked holiday meal, with turkey or ham, starting at only $42.99 (serves 6-8), in case you’d rather leave that to someone else.
As if all this wasn’t enough, Winn-Dixie will be hosting a one-hour Holiday Twitter party on December 18, 2012, at 9pm (EST). During the event, you can discuss celebrating the holidays with local flavor, and they will be giving away several prizes, including a $500 gift card. For more information, and to RSVP to the twitter party, visit http://twtvite.com/WDLocalHoliday.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post written in partnership with Niche Mommy Network and Conference and Winn-Dixie. All opinions are my own, as always.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023