Today is the day many Disney fans have been waiting for – the Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom officially opens to the public.
We at CitySurfing Orlando got to preview the area back in October, so if you can’t go today, or just want to re-read our coverage, here are the links:
- Sneak Preview of New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- A Photo Sneak Preview of Gaston’s Tavern at Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland Expansion
- A Photo Sneak Preview of Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland Expansion
- A Photo Sneak Preview of Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland Expansion
This expansion is the largest in the history of the Magic Kingdom. It doubles the size of the existing Fantasyland area, and it adds two more castles to the park (Beast’s Castle and Prince Eric’s Castle).
Still to open are the Princess Fairytale Hall, where the Disney princesses will meet guests (2013), and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a new family rollercoaster which will feature a first-of-its-kind ride system with a train of vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track, accompanied by music from the classic film (2014).
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022