On Wednesday, December 12, 2012, Universal Orlando celebrated the five-millionth serving of Butterbeer to its guests.
The incredibly popular beverage is sold within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, since it comes from the HP books. It was first served to guests in June 2010.
The recipe for the non-alcoholic drink is a closely held secret – but the taste is reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch and the beverage is served cold or frozen.
To mark the moment, Universal Orlando gave away one thousand Butterbeers to guests, including these young fans who sported “Butterbeer mustaches” after taking a sip.
[Photo courtesy Universal Orlando Resort]
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023