The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is once again holding its Holidays In Space celebration for guests, now through January 1, 2013.
A 42-foot Christmas tree, located in the Rocket Garden, will be decorated with 600 miniature flags from the 15 partner countries of the International Space Station.
KSC Visitor Complex guests also can learn about the holiday traditions of each of the International Space Station (ISS) partners: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States. Prior to every IMAX film, guests will have the chance to see actual images of ISS crews celebrating the holidays in space.
Santa Claus will be appearing in Santa’s Launch Control Center, between Astronaut Encounters and Robot Scouts. Onsite elves (Kodak representatives), will snap family photos and provide prints for sale, or guests may capture the moment with their own cameras.
Mrs. Claus will also be there, holding space-themed story times like “The Cat in the Hat – There’s No Place Like Space” and “What the Moon is Like.”
Both Clauses will be available at 10am, 10:30am, noon, and 2pm, through December 24. Storytime will take place at 3:30pm daily. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also make special appearances in the Space Shop at 4pm daily.
International carolers will also be performing in the Rocket Garden three times daily (10am, 11am, and noon), at the Saturn V Center (2pm and 3pm), and in the Space Shop (4:15pm).
All Holidays in Space events are included with regular admission to the KSC Visitor Complex which is $50 + tax for adults and $40 + tax for children ages 3-11.
For more information or to purchase tickets for Holidays in Space, call 877-313-2610 or visit kennedyspacecenter.com.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022