The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is once again holding its Holidays In Space celebration for guests, now through January 1, 2013.
A 42-foot Christmas tree, located in the Rocket Garden, will be decorated with 600 miniature flags from the 15 partner countries of the International Space Station.
KSC Visitor Complex guests also can learn about the holiday traditions of each of the International Space Station (ISS) partners: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States. Prior to every IMAX film, guests will have the chance to see actual images of ISS crews celebrating the holidays in space.
Santa Claus will be appearing in Santa’s Launch Control Center, between Astronaut Encounters and Robot Scouts. Onsite elves (Kodak representatives), will snap family photos and provide prints for sale, or guests may capture the moment with their own cameras.
Mrs. Claus will also be there, holding space-themed story times like “The Cat in the Hat – There’s No Place Like Space” and “What the Moon is Like.”
Both Clauses will be available at 10am, 10:30am, noon, and 2pm, through December 24. Storytime will take place at 3:30pm daily. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also make special appearances in the Space Shop at 4pm daily.
International carolers will also be performing in the Rocket Garden three times daily (10am, 11am, and noon), at the Saturn V Center (2pm and 3pm), and in the Space Shop (4:15pm).
All Holidays in Space events are included with regular admission to the KSC Visitor Complex which is $50 + tax for adults and $40 + tax for children ages 3-11.
For more information or to purchase tickets for Holidays in Space, call 877-313-2610 or visit kennedyspacecenter.com.
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022
- FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at the Dr. Phillips Center June 7-12, 2022 .. @JCSTheMusical @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries #OrlandoArts - May 30, 2022