A lot of great music coming to Orlando in December. Here are our picks for the ones you should check out:
December 01 – Everclear with Eve 6 – The Social
Both Everclear and Eve 6 hit the charts in the late 90s and early 2000s. The former with songs like “Santa Monica” and “I Will Buy You a New Life.” The latter with songs like “Inside Out” and “Here’s to the Night.”
Tickets: $20 – $35
December 01 – Fuel with Filter and Lit – House of Blues
Fans of late 90s alt-rock will enjoy these three bands, all which had hits on the charts during that decade. Fuel hit the charts several times, most notably with “Hemorrhage (In My Hands).” Filter rocked the charts with “Hey Man, Nice Shot,” and Lit also had several hits including “My Own Worst Enemy.”
December 02 – Richard Marx – Plaza Live
In the late 80s and early 90s, Richard Marx was king of the pop power ballad. He has had 13 of his songs hit #1 on the charts and he’s sure to play all of them and more during this show.
December 04 – Metalocalypse: Dethklok – House of Blues
Another of the WJRR “Blizzard of Rock Series,” this show features the fictional band from the Cartoon Network animated series. Think of this as Spinal Tap for the death metal crowd.
December 04 – Geoff Tate – The Social
As the frontman for the legendary band Queensryche, Geoff Tate is one of the most recognized voices of the hard rock/metal genre. He just released his second solo album, and is touring in support.
December 06 – Vince Neil with Slaughter – Hard Rock Live
As lead vocalist for the hard rock band Motley Crue, Vince Neil has had many chart-topping hits over the last three decades. Opening act Slaughter also had several hits during the early 90s. This show is sure to rock, but please leave the spandex and Aqua Net at home.
Tickets: $42.50 – $82
December 08 – Iris Dement – Plaza Live
One of leading forces of the country-folk-rock movement of the 90s, Iris Dement is a great songwriter and musician. On her most recent album, Sing the Delta, she also incorporates blues and gospel into her songs.
December 08 – Sum 41 with A Hero’s Fate – House of Blues
Part of the WJRR “Blizzard of Rock Series,” this show features the pop punk rock of Canada’s Sum 41. This is their 10th anniversary tour.
December 10 – Joe Bonamassa – Bob Carr P.A.C.
Joe Bonamassa has been recognized as one of the world’s greatest guitarists, forging a sound based on 60’s-era British blues-rock and root-influenced Delta vibes. His newest release, Black Rock, adds a touch of world music to the mix. Go if you love great guitar playing.
Tickets: $59 – $99
December 15 – Halestorm with Eve to Adam & In This Moment – Hard Rock Live
This all ages show features the alt-metal band Halestorm, fronted by the awesome vocals of Lzzy Hale. She and her brother Arejay formed the band as teens and just released their second full-length CD, called The Strange Case Of, earlier this year. Jagermeister is sponsoring this tour, of which this is the last show.
Tickets: $15 advance/$20 day of
December 15 – Rita Ora – House of Blues
Signed to Jay-Z’s Roc Nation label, British singer Rita Ora has topped the charts with three singles from her album. Her blend of pop and hip hop has made songs like “How Do We (Party)” and “R.I.P.” radio staples.
December 16 – Gavin DeGraw and Grace Potter – House of Blues
Singer/songwriter Gavin DeGraw first hit the charts with “I Don’t Want To Be,” in 2003, and he’s still going strong with his newest CD, Sweeter, which features a funkier side of his sound. Touring with him is the amazing Grace Potter, who has not only performed with her own band, but has guested on many other albums. She even covered “I Don’t Want To Be” for the TV show One Tree Hill. This should be a great show.
December 16 – Trans-Siberian Orchestra – Amway Center
Enjoy the music of Christmas and the Holidays, done with a prog rock/metal orchestral sound. For the first time ever, TSO is teaming up with Hallmark Channel to present the live debut of the band’s multi-platinum rock opera, “The Lost Christmas Eve,” for two shows at the Amway Center on this day.
Tickets: $30 – $68.50
December 21 – Carrie Underwood with Hunter Hayes – Amway Center
Superstar Carrie Underwood has ruled the country music chart since her days on American Idol, and has won countless awards. She puts on a great live show full of hits. Her opening act, Hunter Hayes, released his debut cd and hit the charts this year with the single, “Wanted.”
Tickets: $44 – $64
December 28 – Less Than Jake – House of Blues
Florida’s Less Than Jake formed in 1992, but their ska-punk sound didn’t break them into the national scene until the late 90s and early 2000’s. Their live shows are very high energy and rowdy.
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020
- Disney Springs Reopens May 20 – What You Need to Know .. #DisneySprings #Reopening #WaltDisneyWorld - May 18, 2020
- Orlando Restaurants Opening for Limited Dine-In Service This Weekend .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies #DineIn - May 16, 2020
- ICON Park’s Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium to Reopen Today .. #ICONPark #MadameTussaudsOrlando #SeaLifeOrlando - May 15, 2020
- Universal Orlando Reopening CityWalk May 14 for Limited Operations .. #UniversalOrlando #UniversalCityWalk #ThemeParks - May 14, 2020