Light Up UCF, one of Orlando’s annual holiday traditions, starts up this Friday, November 16, 2012, and runs through January 6, 2013.
During the event, the area in and around the University of Central Florida arena is transformed into a winter wonderland with lights, holiday music and rides.
Opening weekend will have a concert by country artist Dustin Lynch at the UCF arena building. It starts at 5pm on November 18, and is free to attend.
Several times throughout the event, they’re also showing free movies outdoors on a two-story screen. According to their schedule, here are the movies they have lined up (start times are at 7pm, with a repeat at 9:30pm):
- Friday, November 16 – National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Wednesday, November 21 — It’s a Wonderful Life
- Friday, November 23 — The Santa Claus 2
- Wednesday, November 28 — Fred Claus
- Saturday, December 1 — Polar Express
- Wednesday, December 5 — The Santa Claus
- Friday, December 7 — How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Saturday, December 8 — Veggie Tales
- Thursday, December 13 — The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Friday, December 14 — Arthur Christmas
- Saturday, December 15 — Mickey’s Magical Christmas
- Wednesday, December 19 — A Christmas Story
- Friday, December 21 — Elf
- Saturday, December 22 — Home Alone
- Wednesday, December 26 — A Christmas Carol
- Sunday, December 30 — A Miracle on 34th Street
- Friday, January 4 — Home Alone 2
Santa will also be making appearances for photo ops. Price for the photo is $12.50.
It’s free to wander around but there is a charge for the rides ($4.25-$6.50). There is also a charge for using the ice skating rink ($12 nightly skating/$19.75 nightly unlimited skate and rides pass/$75 seasonal skate pass).
Tickets can be purchased from Ticketmaster. Light up UCF has several group packages, including discounts on skating for groups of 10 or more.
Hours are: Monday through Thursday 5pm to 10pm; Fridays 5pm to midnight; Saturday 11am to midnight; and Sundays 11am to 10pm.
For more info on the event, visit the Light Up UCF website.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023