The Winter Park Library will be hosting a benefit featuring local authors and food on October 25, 2012.
“Books and Cooks: An Evening Celebrating Homegrown Talent” will take place from 6pm-9pm, at the Rachel D. Murrah Civic Center (1050 W. Morse Blvd) in Winter Park.
It will start with a panel discussion by renowned novelist Bob Morris and accompanied by Cask & Larder craft brews, signature cocktails, and fine wine.
Those on the panel will include:
- Chef Norman Van Aken (Co-Author with son Justin of his latest book My Key West Kitchen: Recipes and Stories)
- James & Julie Petrakis (Owners of the Ravenous Pig and the brand new Cask & Larder)
- Heather McPherson, Pam Brandon, and Katie Farmand (Co-Authors of Field to Feast: Recipes Celebrating Florida Farmers, Chefs, and Artisans)
- Eileen Daspin (Author of The Manhattan Diet: Lose Weight While Living a Fabulous Life)
- Emily Ellyn (Retro Rad TV Chef from Food Network Star)
Afterwards, stroll and dine from fan-favorite food trucks, provided by the Food Truck Bazaar.
Following the event, there is also a companion after-party at the Ravenous Pig.
Tickets are $10 general admission or $75 for general admission, plus the after-party. Add $25 to either option for reserved seating.
To purchase tickets, visit the Winter Park Library, or go online to www.wppl.org.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023