This is a good year for Star Wars fans in Central Florida. So far, we’ve had Star Wars Weekends at Disney, the huge Star Wars Celebration VI convention, and even the annual Galactic Encounter Day at the Orlando History Center.
Now the Orlando Science Center brings the innovative exhibition “Star Wars®: Where Science Meets Imagination” to town for a limited engagement, beginning on October 13, 2012.
Developed by the Museum of Science Boston, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., and presented by Bose Corporation©, the 10,000 square-foot exhibit explores the fantasy technologies depicted in the Star Wars films. It also shows the real science behind them, and the current research that may someday lead to real-life versions of the technologies seen in the film series.
This exhibition is the first to display costumes and props from all six Star Wars films with real-world technologies. The exhibit includes extensive video interviews with filmmakers, scientists and engineers, and hands-on components, including two large Engineering Design Labs, where visitors can build and test their own speeders and robots.
Admission to Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination is $27 for adults and $20 for youth (ages 3-11). Tickets include access to “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination” and all four floors of exhibits, giant screen films and live presentations. Science Center members see “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination” for $12 for adults and $9 for youth.
Actor Daniel Logan, who portrayed the young Boba Fett in the Star Wars prequels, will be on hand to kick off opening weekend. He will be appearing both October 13 and 14, participating in autograph and photo sessions, as well as a Q&A panel, each day.
“Star Wars®: Where Science Meets Imagination” will be at the OSC until April 7, 2013.
[Photos © 2012 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved.]
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022