RAW:natural born artists is an independent arts organization with branches throughout the country. They are hosting their 2012 RAWards for the Indie Arts, and on November 8, will hold the Orlando semi-finals.
There are several categories of competition, including:
- RAW:CITY Filmmaker of the Year
- RAW:CITY Fashion Designer of the Year
- RAW:CITY Musician(s) of the Year
- RAW:CITY Visual Artist of the Year
- RAW:CITY Photographer of the Year
- RAW:CITY Hairstylist of the Year
- RAW:CITY Makeup Artist of the Year
- RAW:CITY Performing Artist of the Year
The show takes place at The Abbey (100 S. Eola Dr), and both the local community and a panel of judges will decide who goes on to the Finals on November 18, 2012. Scores and votes will be tallied that evening and announced live at the end of the showcase.
The national RAWards winners receive big career boosting prizes like distribution, store placement, studio time, gallery placement and consultation with industry executives and professionals.
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. To purchase or for more information, visit rawartists.org/orlando.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022