Kids of all ages have grown up with the Peanuts comics. Charlie Brown and his friends, along with his worldly-wise dog Snoopy, are a part of American history.
Starting September 29 through December 31, 2012, the Orlando History Center will be hosting an exhibit called “Peanuts…Naturally” dedicated to the beloved comic strip by Charles M. Schulz.
Explore the “web of life” through the Peanuts comics. Fun interactives and learning materials help explain the weather, encourage recycling, identify North American birds by their songs, and offer lessons in drawing the Peanuts characters themselves.
“Peanuts…Naturally” is included in the regular admission to the Orlando History Center.
Special events during the exhibit include:
- A “Trick or Treat Safe Zone” on October 27, from 11am to 4pm.
Young ghouls and goblins can enjoy three floors of trick or treating and pumpkin decorating in Linus’ pumpkin patch along with creepy crafts, candy, and a scavenger hunt. Chocolate milk mustaches provided by the Florida Dairy Association will be available for a special photo opportunity. Free for ages 12 and under; must be accompanied by an adult with regular admission.
- Snoopy’s K-9 Friends on November 3, 2012, from 10am to 3pm.
Enjoy a dog fair in Heritage Square park in partnership with SPCA. Learn special tips and tricks about caring for dogs. Get discounted shots, training tips, and information about breeds, behavior, and doggie daycare. Free for the outdoor activities, but regular admission required for inside the OHC.
- EcoCamp-In with Snoopy and Friends on November 30, 2012, from 6pm to 8am on December 1.
Bring the whole family to the History Center for a night of environmentally friendly fun as you explore the Peanuts…Naturally exhibition. Play games, make a flip book cartoon, create a terrarium from recycled materials, and watch a movie. Learn how we can all help preserve the environment! Evening snack and breakfast included. Bring sleeping bag and pillow. Call (407) 836-8580 to register. Members: $10 per person; non-members: $15 per person.
The Orlando History Center is open from 10am to 5pm, Monday through Saturday; noon to 5pm on Sunday.
General admission is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors 60+/Students/Military, and $6 for children ages 5-12. Members and OCPS teachers are free.
The Orlando History Center is located at 65 East Central Blvd in downtown Orlando.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022