If you love plants, whether you’re a gardener or just an admirer, you’ll want to attend Boktoberfest at the Bok Tower Gardens.
This event offers plants for sale, and in this fourth year, has grown into a celebration that will feature a Biergarten with live entertainment, German food, craft and seasonal beers, face painting, silent auction and more.
“Boktoberfest celebrates the start of Florida’s gardening season,” explains David Price, president of the Gardens. “Plant lovers and gardeners will find a wide variety of Florida plants and learn from experts how to make the most of their gardens.”
More than 40 vendors will offer plants for sale including orchids, palms, olive trees, tropical fruits, Florida natives, and more.
Live entertainment on Saturday will be provided by Jimmy and Eckhard German Oktoberfest Show, as well as jazz guitarist David Smith, and The Porchdogs. There will also be half-hour concerts performed on the 60 bell Singing Tower carillon at 1pm and 3pm.
To entertain the kids, there will be a petting zoo featuring a mini horse, teacup pig, chickens and more, from 10am to 4pm. Face painting and air brush tattoos will be available for an additional fee. Juggles the Clown will also perform from 11:30am to 4pm.
There will be plenty of food available for purchase running the gamut from authentic German food to Greek to traditional American offerings like corn dogs and funnel cake. Vegetarian options will be available. Beverages for sale will include beer, wine, sodas and water.
Boktoberfest takes place on Saturday, October 20, 2012, from 8am to 6pm. Members of the Bok Tower Gardens will get a sneak peek to purchase plants on Friday, October 19, from 5pm to 7pm.
Admission to this event is free for all ages.
Bok Tower Gardens is a National Historic Landmark located about 55 miles southwest of Orlando, near Lake Wales. The exact address is 1151 Tower Boulevard, Lake Wales FL 33853.
For more information or directions, visit boktoberfest.com, or call 863-676-1408.
[Photos courtesy Bok Tower Gardens]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022