One of the quirks about Walt Disney World is that you could get alcohol just about anywhere on property…except for the Magic Kingdom park.
To my knowledge, since the park opened in 1971, there has never been any alcohol served to guests.
Even when Disney announced the signature drink, LeFou’s Brew, at the upcoming new Gaston’s Tavern, at the renovated Fantasyland area, they were quick to make sure guests knew it would be a non-alcoholic drink.
Today, on the official Disney blog, they announced that for the first time ever, alcohol would be served at the Magic Kingdom.
The soon-to-be open Be Our Guest restaurant, also in Fantasyland, will be the only location this will happen.
According to the blog:
“As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine,” says Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux.
“We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664,” says McGuire. “And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.”
Mmmm…trapist ales from Belgium are the best! They will not serve any American beer.
The beer and wine will only be offered with dinner, and will not be available otherwise. Alcohol will not be available to go.
Be Our Guest opens November 19, with a grand opening December 6, 2012. To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE or book online at disneyworld.com/dine.
[Image courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020