One of the quirks about Walt Disney World is that you could get alcohol just about anywhere on property…except for the Magic Kingdom park.
To my knowledge, since the park opened in 1971, there has never been any alcohol served to guests.
Even when Disney announced the signature drink, LeFou’s Brew, at the upcoming new Gaston’s Tavern, at the renovated Fantasyland area, they were quick to make sure guests knew it would be a non-alcoholic drink.
Today, on the official Disney blog, they announced that for the first time ever, alcohol would be served at the Magic Kingdom.
The soon-to-be open Be Our Guest restaurant, also in Fantasyland, will be the only location this will happen.
According to the blog:
“As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine,” says Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux.
“We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664,” says McGuire. “And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.”
Mmmm…trapist ales from Belgium are the best! They will not serve any American beer.
The beer and wine will only be offered with dinner, and will not be available otherwise. Alcohol will not be available to go.
Be Our Guest opens November 19, with a grand opening December 6, 2012. To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE or book online at disneyworld.com/dine.
[Image courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022