One of the quirks about Walt Disney World is that you could get alcohol just about anywhere on property…except for the Magic Kingdom park.
To my knowledge, since the park opened in 1971, there has never been any alcohol served to guests.
Even when Disney announced the signature drink, LeFou’s Brew, at the upcoming new Gaston’s Tavern, at the renovated Fantasyland area, they were quick to make sure guests knew it would be a non-alcoholic drink.
Today, on the official Disney blog, they announced that for the first time ever, alcohol would be served at the Magic Kingdom.
The soon-to-be open Be Our Guest restaurant, also in Fantasyland, will be the only location this will happen.
According to the blog:
“As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine,” says Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux.
“We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664,” says McGuire. “And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.”
Mmmm…trapist ales from Belgium are the best! They will not serve any American beer.
The beer and wine will only be offered with dinner, and will not be available otherwise. Alcohol will not be available to go.
Be Our Guest opens November 19, with a grand opening December 6, 2012. To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE or book online at disneyworld.com/dine.
[Image courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Nobu Hotel and Restaurant To Be Built Near Walt Disney World .. #NobuHotelOrlando #NobuHotels #NobuRestaurant - July 5, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- Fresh Kitchen Opens New Location in Winter Garden .. #EatFreshKitchen #WinterGardenFL - June 17, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022